Pirates and Traders based on surroundings

Reaction score
    Well, let's get straight to it:

1. The more not-natural-things (not spawnable on a planet/asteroid and in players' inventories + credits) are in a sector, the more chances the pirates will be around.
    2. The total amount of not-natural-things in a sector would require a fleet of ships totaling between half and twice the price to buy the pirates' (or, for (7), traders') ships from the shop.
    3. The fleet of pirates will consist of random ships summing the credits from (2).
    4. Pirates attacking random stuff, even if no not-natural-things are around. Chance for that to happen would be 1% if no target around. Chance for that to happen would be 30% if an attack is coming from that way (for example if you radar jam and cannon-cannon a ship).
    5. The folder "blueprints-pirates" would contain all the blueprints usable by default by any pirates, while "blueprints-traders" would contain all the blueprints usable by default by any ship of the trading guild.
    6. The traders would preffer to use the sectors with the highest rate of the not-natural-things, but they would have a random amount of ships (unlike (1) and (2) for pirates) (you can expect a 1km long ship to pass by your base just a moment after you placed the first not-natural-things block).
    7. If the traders are under attack, they will recive backup according with (2).
    8. If you don't want the pirates to attack you, you have to get into one of their stations and pay the pirate NPC (like the trader) a certain amount of money per in-game day, to not be attacked at all. You can pay it multiple times, too add to the protection-time. Anf you'll be visited by the pirates once the timer is out.

For example, I have not-natural-things placed around summing 3,000,000. I am attacked by 6 ships of 10,000, 4 ship of 30,000 each, 4 ships of 250,000, 3 ships of 600,000 and one ship of 1,500,000. In other words, without enough defence, I'm kinda screwed, unless when they are around they are going to attack the traders which just came by with a 30,000,000 carrier with 3,582,000 worth of other ships coming to back it up...
    And it's 100k per day to not be attacked by the pirates, I'll pay 2m for 20 (in-game) days of not being attacked by the pirates.

Last edited:
    Reactions: ToyotaSupra
    Reaction score
    Ohhh I like this, adds to a sense of randomness and unpredictability, making the game even more diverse. It can also give a slight idea to what the player can expect, at the same time. Like for you.

Reaction score
    The best part is that there would be default blueprints for pirates' ships, applyable for every Single Player map you make, in addition to the ones you add in-game...

So one could download few ships with different prices (maybe 1-2 using less than 100k, 1-2 around 500k, 1-2 around 10m, 1-2 around 100m and maybe a 1g ship), allowing the pirates to have custom ships, maybe more focused on attack, and the traders to have custom ships, maybe focused on deffense.

Too bad there is no way to save the Bobby AI's settings in the ship's save, as well as auto-activate the faction module on a ship, whel spawned.