Pirate Waves Feature

Reaction score
    Has anyone managed to get the new pirate wave feature to work?

I have been finding that despite having 10 unique waves set up to provide a scaling difficulty, whether I use a 2000 block fighter or a 300k ship to attack a pirate station, the wave system will send the highest level pirate wave.

This is a really exciting feature that I think will bring a lot to the game, but so far I can't seem to get it to work.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    It's broken along with a lot of things lately. >_>

Reaction score
    An answer I got from someone in chat is that the system doesn't have a difficulty measurement system in place to use, so i guess we'll just have to wait for that then this feature will be great.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Actually, I think is is that the difficult measurement (ship scoring) is broken, not that it doesn't have one.

Reaction score
    I manage the pirates for the server I am on, I really hope this is a feature that starts working as intended because it opens up so many possibilities for pirate content that caters to the diverse levels of experience players have.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    What'd be nice is if we could select a group of possible ships rather than definite ones, than put in a range of from number to number how many might shop up. This way waves could be a tad more random and also having the game by default if no waves are specified or even if they are a dynamically generated wave is used that tries the game's best guess what to throw at you. :)