Ping and connection issues

Reaction score
    I've had this problem since I started playing Starmade, and have since been trying to resolve it.

When I attempt to join a server it tends to hang on "requesting synchronise" or one of the other windows that pops up when you try to join a server. It rarely gets to the point when it actually joins the server.

In the rare event that it does actually manage to connect, my ping is upwards of 5,000. I just managed to join Illusive with nobody else online and my ping jumped anywhere between 400 and 12,000.

When I ping servers outside of Starmade I get a ping averaging 60ms which is what I'd expect and is what I get for every other game.

I've tried wiping Starmade from my pc and reinstalling it, forwarding ports, increasing the RAM allocated to Starmade, decreasing the RAM, disabling firewalls and I've tried drawing a pentagram on the ground in goat blood to summon unholy powers to my aid.

Nothing works.

I want to be a part of the Starmade community, but I can only get so far when I can't actually play with other people.

If anybody can help - even if it's something that seems incredibly obvious - please do.