Permissions issue

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Ok, so I was about 50% done building a ship and I had docked it to a shop.
    While docked to the shop I was using the advanced build mode and placed a block across the ship core access.
    Not realizing I done that I got out of the core to work on another docked module. When I returned I found I can't get back in the ships core nor can I remove the block and editing the permissions doesn't seem to help.

Anyone have an idea besides starting over?

You should be able to edit any ship you own regardless what station it is docked to. I honestly am shocked that isn't default. That should be regardless if you are inside or outside the core.

As of right now the way it is that ship would be stuck against the station unless a destroy_entity is used to get rid of it.

Reaction score
    Ok, so I was about 50% done building a ship and I had docked it to a shop.
    While docked to the shop I was using the advanced build mode and placed a block across the ship core access.
    Not realizing I done that I got out of the core to work on another docked module. When I returned I found I can't get back in the ships core nor can I remove the block and editing the permissions doesn't seem to help.

Anyone have an idea besides starting over?

You should be able to edit any ship you own regardless what station it is docked to. I honestly am shocked that isn't default. That should be regardless if you are inside or outside the core.

As of right now the way it is that ship would be stuck against the station unless a destroy_entity is used to get rid of it.
    If you can enter the core of an entity docked to your inaccessible ship you can use the 'down arrow' key to move to the next core in the docking chain. If you have admin rights, you could target your ship with 'f' key then tab+f8 to enter that ships core, make sure you are not in control of any entities when you do this, things can get weird if you are.

Reaction score
    A build block on the outside and from flight mod, press down arrow. Don't try flight mode beyond moving entities though, things get weird

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If that doesn't do it, maybe you can use a torch....

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    If that doesn't do it, maybe you can use a torch....
    It worked. I was lucky I had 2 other modules docked to the ship and their cores where accessible. Other wise I would have been hosed.

Still makes no sense that you can edit your own ship just because it is docked to a station.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Did you have faction block on your ship? If not it would seem that docking to the station made your ship a docked entity on a trade-station that had Guild-Faction affiliation (by default). :confused: It would useful to know exactly why you were having problems since I am only guessing.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Did you have faction block on your ship? If not it would seem that docking to the station made your ship a docked entity on a trade-station that had Guild-Faction affiliation (by default). :confused: It would useful to know exactly why you were having problems since I am only guessing.
    Having a faction block on it makes no difference at all. I tried it.
    In short it seems the only way you can edit your own ship docked to a trade station is from inside the core. You can add blocks while outside the core you can't remove them though.