Patch broke my blueprints

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi after that last patch all my blue prints are broken. some of them only spawn with 10% of the blocks the rest spawn the core for 3s and it despawns. A few of my friends are having the same problem.

Ciggofwar

Home of Titan Guard
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    We lost 3/4 of a new ship we were working on as well and the turret as well as chunks out of our station. Baahhhh

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm having this problem with old stations and ships that were SMEdited. Any chunk not edited by players in-game are simply disappearing. Bug report submitted; hang on to your backups!!!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I'm having this problem with ships that have been smedit'd into the game. After I import them I swap every block (sand originally) out for hull manually to check for symmetry. The ships that I have not done this to yet have huge chunk load errors. Others on the MikeLand server are having the same issue (they didn't swap their blocks after import and used what came from smedit).

***EDIT: A solution for me was to load the blueprint into an older version of StarMade (0.1803). Use the remove filter and replace sand with sand over the whole ship (my smedit ships are 100% sand except for the core), then save that as a new blueprint and then load the newly saved blueprint into the current version of StarMade(0.1863. This may be very painful if you have many block types to remove and replace.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm not talking about smedit. I'm talking about 10k mass ships I spent days just on the hull. Do you know how long it would take me to convert it all to sand?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I'm not talking about smedit. I'm talking about 10k mass ships I spent days just on the hull. Do you know how long it would take me to convert it all to sand?
    I tried it with an exisiting blueprint that wouldn't load too (built ingame). Loaded it into offline sandbox mode (older version v0.1803). Admin'd myself the right parts. Set the max build area to 100. Then used replace mode/filter for each type of block. Replaced the blocks in the ship with the same block. Each block type was 1 or 2 clicks for the 85m long ship. Then saved the blueprint again with a new name. Once I brought it back to the v0.1863 online server it loaded properly.

Others have done this same thing and had a successful spawn of their older blueprints.

Painful step I know, but at least it worked until a real fix comes along.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    About actual corruption I can't really help you with. (Very) Old blueprints can go corrupt badly.

There is indeed a new issue though, most blueprints (one from 0.15->0.18, not old) refuse to spawn in the latest release. You'll see an icon appear for a second and then it will disappear.

The logs tell you this: "Checking Empty: Core is not ok. Deleting object"
    I do not know what is causing it but it will be fixed as soon as possible.

Oh and I don't know about SMEdit, it's a third party tool so we can't help you with that, the creator will have to check it himself.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1418594158,1418590679][/DOUBLEPOST]Problem has been found, next dev (or release, maybe a new hotfix too?) should contain the fix.