Password Protected Servers

• Thread starter Deleted member 392097
    • Start date
    D

Deleted member 392097

It would be really useful if you could set up Password Protected Servers, so that only your friends could join and things like that. So that you could have a more private server, but one where it is not where only certain users can go on it, but instead people with the password.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    You can whitelist the people hoo should play on your server.
    So there s no need for password Protection

Reaction score
    Password protection greatly differs from white list. White list there has to be an initial discussion with the admins or staff to add you to the white list. Without it you cannot check the server out. This is reliant on an active staff.

Password protection is great for public servers that still want to see spam and random folks out of their server. Having the password on your site or in your banner will allow you to traffic people who still know what they are getting into when joining. From the admin perspective, I can put it on a website that also has my rules listed. That way the user knows or can at least be accountable for your rules and setup.

Did the same thing with TeamSpeak and Minecraft. Keeps out a lot of spam and unwanted people. I like this suggestion.