Parts of ships not rendering

Reaction score
    Had this issue on our server where various players have reported that parts of their ship or other objects aren't loading.

Re-logging doesn't help, re-entering the sector after leaving it for a while doesn't help either, the only thing that seems to fix it is a server restart, which is... Pretty annoying to say the least.

It doesn't happen for all people at the same time, for some people things can be loaded, for others not... For some people it doesn't happen at all...

Could it have something to do with the new region signature chunk loading system?

Reaction score
    Just confirmed 100% that this is caused by Region Signature chunk loading.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    but mine is in sandbox. It is pretty frequent that once I start the Sandbox game there will be chunks of my ships simply not there (entire turrets fail to load sometimes). It\'s been happening for a while, and only goes away (temporarily) if I reboot my computer. If you find a solution to it, be sure to tell me!

Reaction score
    Try turning off that setting I mentioned.

Go to your options menu in-game, check off \"Use Region Signatures\", and then close the game and start it again, it should be all fine.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    What does that setting do? Will I lose anything specially good with it?

Reaction score
    It was an experimental feature that was introduced a few versions ago to slightly speed up chunk loading.

You won\'t miss too much by turning it off.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I don\'t actually have that option checked. And I can\'t turn it on in-game.

EDIT: activating it (by the .config) not only makes the problem worse, but it also took 50 seconds for me to enter the game because the server wasn\'t responding. And I\'m on sandbox.

Reaction score
    Try shutting down the sandbox server perhaps?

Anyhow, I think your issue is something way different than this, so this will be of no help :\\

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Seem to be having the same problem and lossing hours of work or stranded out in the void, there must be a way to reload from a past save, this is starting to cost a lot, this last one just took all of my containers and the hole mid section of my ship. Might need to move no, becoming to frustrated.

Reaction score
    I don\'t think anything is deleted. I had a ship with this, ordered a new one from the blueprint and it had the same issue. The blueprint came from a backup that worked fine in the prior version, and closing and opening damaged plex doors repairs them. So all the data is there the game just isn\'t loading it. Speaking of damage, is this manifesting for anyone else as damaged blocks as well as missing blocks?