Partial payments for big ships

Reaction score
    Just another thought.. probably not a new topic.. but I am new here. Ship dealers would be Cool. A way to make partial payments for those big ships that are impossible to buy.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    an upgrade function? :)

And blueprint A which shares most blocks with blueprint B may add/delete the difference in blocks in a shipyard?

Reaction score
    A much more advanced idea.. not sure of the ramifications of that.. or how the game engine would handle it.. but.. as a basic start.. bigger ships should be able to be bought I think. A banking system would allow that.. even bartering.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    There's an interesting concept, though I think this role is better filled by Shipyard factions on a server than as a game mechanic (I'm one of those people who would prefer player-driven/made features over possibly complex and rigid coded ones).
    There is currently a mod that allows banking scripts if I remember. Name escapes me but it's used on Nasszone.

Neon's comment made me think of another suggestion about a "repair" function at shipyards (a possible error with it, but relevant).

But yeah, if a ship is over the credit cap, than server owners may not want people just spawning them in freely (exceptions of course), since they may stress the server. Ships so large they are over the credit cap could be built on-server, or bought with hollowed out parts (chunks of 20x20x20 taken out) and will be finished on server. There's also an economy reworking being planned I think, which would adjust the prices of blocks and ship BPs.

I dunno, just me rambling.

Reactions: Cerebralhemirage
    Reaction score
    Rambling is good.. I do that often.. but only when the need arises.. as you do too it seems. I am a just a dreaming visionary. I currently dream and scheme outside of internet capacity as I have No favorable internet function to speak of and never before Starmade a reason to care. Outside of my cellphone and tablet.. both of which are favorable for posting and staying connected to forums.. I have no means for proper gaming. I am currently working to amend this oversight as Starmade has changed my way of thinking.. I know a great game when I see one.. Schema has achieved much for us spacefaring gamers.. and so.. as one spacefarer to another.. let us make it so.. engage.. or as wookies say.. Rrrrrraaaaaawwww![DOUBLEPOST=1410367572,1410365559][/DOUBLEPOST]More on topic.. I have only played offline.. building ships and such. But I am not completely oblivious to the factors involved in internet gaming.. I would not want players spawning massive ships either.. or the lag they produce.. but currently.. the flare is of building them.. I cannot say I do not understand it. Yes.. they stress the servers.. but then again.. Yes they are needed.. how to end this stress to servers? Planets as instances for a start.. that at least frees up some stress.. or one would think.. I am No programmer. But as a thinker.. those huge and massive chunks of data that players are oft to invent should so massively be gimped. They are Capitol ships.. a means for fleets to find a safe harbor outside of their homeworlds.. quite simply put.. No one should have more than one.. and it should crawl like a snail.. at least in a sector.. but that would not decrease the demand on the server.. not without making them hollow.. I am still thinking..

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    One of the hardest parts of balancing this game is keeping in mind both single-player and multiplayer. The game is getting more stable, and the average sized ship is increasing I think as a result. Some people say increase the credit cap to allow bigger ships, other say reduce the value of blocks. I think an economy revamp is what you are looking for.

As for planets effecting lag, Large ships shouldn't really be anywhere near planets in my honest opinion. Planets will only load if a player is within render range.
    Also - rule of thumb; always think in the extreme, cause there are always 'Those'. People who will fly around in a 5-capital-ship-fleet with their Roflcannons. So you cant make large ships too easy to get.

Reaction score
    A logical comment CyberTao. Thankfully I am not one of "Those". I have No massively insane vessels.. not even one close.. but to say they have No place I cannot. Yes.. 5 of them is unfair.. as is one of them against 5. I have found No problems with the economy.. and Yes.. I am glad to see the game is becoming more stable. I do not mean to make anyone mad here, I only mean to help.