Suggested "Paint" tool in advanced build mode.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Right now if you want to repaint a ship you'll have to keep changing the "replace block" function and also the type of blocks. You'll have to change it every time there is a color, armor or shape change. The select looking at button already helped a lot but I'd like to have something a lot more useful.

A "paint" tool that changes every armor block within the selection box into a certain color (selected by just having the right kind of armor in your Hotbar just like with replacing) This makes it a lot easier to change the whole pattern of a ship as you'll only have to change colour from time to time. This means you don't need to change the replace function for every color, armor or shape change. Instead, all you need to do is have the color you want in your Hotbar and make sure that you have enough blocks.

if calculating the amount and type of blocks used is too much you can also make it creative only but rather not : P

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10

Suggestion #38
    Ability to paint hull blocks in different colors without having to select the right normal/standard/advanced versions manualy. This is something that was suggested multiple times,but with >current< limitations it cant be so easily implemented. But the Team does like this feature and will look into it in the future.
    threads:
    Paint Gun and Custom Color Maker
    Recognized - Paint mode for hulls in creative mode.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    It would also be cool to have a paintbrush tool with a selectable radius that only affects visible blocks. This way we could quickly repaint a ship's hull without affecting the interior or vice versa.

Reactions: nightrune
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    outranked on my own field... ouch... should have checked the thread. GJ though. +1

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Another useful tool for replacing blocks with different blocks is a magic wand. I think MC Worldedit has this feature. With wand in hand you just tapped a block to switch it. In SM we would need it to swap to and from inventory otherwise it would only be appropriate for creative mode.
    This is a time-saver when adding details like racing stripes or expanding your outer hull by one layer.

Literally twice as fast with half the clicks!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Another feature I would suggest would be "Fill" for the shape holograms you can create, where it would automaticaly fill in the holographic squares.
    As well as more shapes of course :) currently we have circles, doughnuts and spheres

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Another feature I would suggest would be "Fill" for the shape holograms you can create, where it would automaticaly fill in the holographic squares.
    As well as more shapes of course :) currently we have circles, doughnuts and spheres
    As far as I understand we only get the holograms instead of the real blocks because it would be too powerful in mid-fight. Now that we have shipyards that's no longer a problem. Just limit the "Fill" feature to shipyards.

Edit: But the ellipsoid hepler needs improvement. Ellipsoids are mostly one block thick, but in some places also two blocks. Also, spheres aren't spherically symmetrical.