Organic Ships

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I saw the scrumbleship wiki,and is amazed by it, especially with organic ships. it heals itself, gives the game more chances, and think about it! driving massive ships that slowly regen if you feed things to it, and arteries, hearts, lungs and stomaches run the ship instead of power systems and batteries. the ship should run by a feeder linked to a stomach, which consumes the materials transported by the feeder. the feeder requires energy and materials (e.g. hull or any block except lava or water) and the stomach will feed the hearts, organs, arteries and produce "hull parts" called muscles. reinforced "hulls "generated is called bones and occasionally cross in thicker muscles. the heart pump blood(produced by nutrients fed by stomach) into organs through arteries in order to allow them regenerate. the organs are at times attached to asteroids. they are larger than 1 block. Also, i really hope this will be in Starmade since it will make it far more awesome. any improvements of the ideas please paste below

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    make a skin pack, make everything look organic. besides the feeding mechanism you achieve the same effect

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Some organic components could be intriguing though, as a self-healing hull type that is weak to weapons, but slowly regenerates if not completely disintegrated. But an entire alternate organic system of ship building might be a bit overkill. If it ain\'t broke, don\'t fix it, just retexture it.

... Although... Cybernetic whale ships in which the crew live in the belly of the whale would be incredibly awesome, and organic components would help me in my plans to build the Discworld, including the Great A\'Tuin and the Four Elephants that support the Disk, as it\'s hard to build a super-planet sized turtle\'s head convincingly from metallic hulls.

Reaction score
    Gotta love Discworld. The thought of building it had never crossed my mind until now.

I agree that some organic components would be good. Self-healing hulls seem like the obvious choice, thought maybe some kind of organic weapon would be doable (acid cannon?). Have it controlled by a brain in a jar (instead of a computer).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    hey guys, i thouhgt of a new idea. the organs are to be kept, but the muscle growth must be controlled by several \"restrictor\" blocks or it will grow wierd

Reaction score
    Lol, Discworld was the first thing I thought of when I saw the planets in this game, I thought about building Great Atuin but never followed through tho, good luck with that, post pics when you get it done please.