Planned option to set s different folder for screenshots

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hello All,

Let me first say that if this option already exists I haven't found it yet. ;)

Personally I find that the default location screenshots are stored currently, the root install folder of StarMade, at least in the non steam version, is not an ideal place. Certainly when you take lots of them.
    I think it would be nice if there was an entry in the settings.cfg for example so the user can enter a path to were he or she wants those images to go.

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I agree. Even when you use the steam version, it takes a bit of work to get to the screenshots. Would love to be able to just direct it to a sub folder in my main pictures folder !

Reaction score
    Even better, a default screenshots folder. Right now, I hate going through and digging out screenshots and all that.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It would also be kind of nice to be able to change the default screenshot filename in the launcher. There are times when I go into Starmade specifically to get some screenshots. Being able to set the root filename would reduce my renaming effort by half.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hai,
    Congrats! This suggestion has been recognised by the council and the devs, it has been added to the phabricator workflow. You can check out all the accepted suggestions that have been added to the planned list over here Group Council · Workboard
    (you have to scroll all the way to the right to see them)

I hope many more fine suggestions will come from you.

For reference:
    ⚓ T1619 Clientside setting for screenshot folder location

Feel free to signup and subscribe to the task to get e-mail notifications once it hits release/dev-builds.

- Andy