Option to Remove Planets from Game

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    I've played on several public servers now and a top rule on all of them is "NO PLANET MINING." Even after the recent update, planet mining is still seen as the number one cause of server lag and server crashes. In fact, the general rule is "do not visit planets at all." Admins regard any kind of planet activity with suspicion and ask users not to build on them or even land on them.

In fact, I find that even looking at a planet causes the game to lag and my computer to start spinning up like a jet engine.

With all this concern about planets, I wonder if it would be possible to give admins the ability to remove planets from their servers completely. At the very least, we would be able to eliminate planets as the cause of repeated server crashes. As improvements are made, Admins could bring the planets back online, maybe given the option to dial up planet spawn rates gradually.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    well,there is option in configs to make planets super small,like 50 m big.
    go to your starmade folder..open "server.cfg" with notepad,find these lines and have these exact numbers:
    PLANET_SIZE_MEAN = 50.0 (cant go any lower)
    PLANET_SIZE_DEVIATION = 20.0 (you can set it to 0)