Option to hide player navigational signature

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I've always felt that astronauts are extremely under powered. Their pistols cannot penetrate shields (From playing on servers that do not allow shields, I've experienced how this can actually help gameplay, but this is for another thread), and the amount of Hp they have is ridiculous. I was thinking letting them hide their navigational signature would have tremendous benefits for game play.

You could paint yourself green and hide in a tree, you could abandon your ship in an asteroid field and hide in one, you could grapple to a hostile ship as it is leaving for a super secret base. You could land you and a couple of your buddies on some jerk's planet and sneak up on him. The possibilities are endless.

What do you guys think?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hopefully calbiri just added "personal cloaking devices" to the plans for personal combat revamp.
    However, I think perhaps enemy player signatures shouldn't show up unless you can see them. Just check the line between the player's location and your viewing location for non-transparent blocks every two seconds. So it might take you a couple of seconds to notice them, but they stay on-screen for a few seconds after they disappear.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    the astronaut by default should have a portable radar jammer

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I always though you would die as an astronaut if some particularly aggressive stellar wind brushed by you...

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I always though you would die as an astronaut if some particularly aggressive stellar wind brushed by you...
    In future we have better suits
    Why else does a single 2m^3 rapid cannon not kill you at the first and second shot?

really like that.
    Seeing all the astronauts on an enemy ship walking around the ship is awefull.

Perhaps also add the counter-part - transponders? to give ships and players something like a display-block-like description...

Or they could send a pulsed logic sequence ... Enter a distance(=frequency) and a few hexadecimal digits...

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    I've always felt that astronauts are extremely under powered. Their pistols cannot penetrate shields (From playing on servers that do not allow shields, I've experienced how this can actually help gameplay, but this is for another thread), and the amount of Hp they have is ridiculous. I was thinking letting them hide their navigational signature would have tremendous benefits for game play.

You could paint yourself green and hide in a tree, you could abandon your ship in an asteroid field and hide in one, you could grapple to a hostile ship as it is leaving for a super secret base. You could land you and a couple of your buddies on some jerk's planet and sneak up on him. The possibilities are endless.

What do you guys think?
    im going to have to ask what server banned sheilds and y

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yeah, player signatures should be off by default... IMO, there should be player labels visible over heads, but not radar diamonds. (And the player labels shouldn't be visible through walls)

Reactions: NeonSturm