Optimizations: Good Job Schine!

Reaction score
    Wow. After picking this game up again yesterday, I have the irrepressible urge to congratulate Schema and everybody else working on this game.

It has come so far. My computer (2012 macbook pro) not too long ago struggled with even the idea of high quality settings in this game. now, though...

HD textures? No problem.
    High Quality player model? We've got it!
    Amazing background images?
    Beautiful shaders and shadows.
    Copy and past 100x200x300 cubes? Slight lag.

Thanks again developers, for finding all those bottlenecks and creating such an incredibly beautiful voxel based sandbox.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    The amount of blocks in some of the titan projects people are building rival the amount of people in major cities and even population of whole small countries... And Schine's not done yet, there's still a ton of issues to work out.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    The amount of blocks in some of the titan projects people are building rival the amount of people in major cities and even population of whole small countries... And Schine's not done yet, there's still a ton of issues to work out.
    pffff, you're exaggerating.
    *looks up numbers on google*
    well shit...

Last edited:
    Reactions: MrFURB

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You can't compare blocks to peoples.

That's like comparing apples to bananas. Oh wait, there you could compare Calories... that's not a good example.

That's like comparing sand-particles to Universes. Just don't think about Orion's Band from Man in Black.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    But aren't both of those infinite? *Multiverse theory*
    Calories really makes peoples fat.
    But can you back this theory up?

BTW: SM only has infinite galaxies except you say a server is a universe.
    But "uni" = everything, thus wouldn't it include all the other things you call universes too?
    It's like saying Atoms to parts that aren't really atomic=non-splitable >> we already DID it.

Edit: Said »"uni" = everything«, confused it with universal = all-purpose, general
    Some dictionary told me that it is "allumfassend" - all-embracing (You have to blame translate.google.com too)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    But "uni" = everything
    'Uni' actually means one. so a Universe in a group of others would still be a Universe, as it would be a separate entity from the others, and we refer to one, unless talking about a multiverse as a whole. Or several single Universes (Universi?)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I have the irrepressible urge
    Dammit Fray, only have responsible urges. I'll have to reprimand you otherwise.

P.S. I think you mean irresistible urge.

EDIT: Brain decided to read irrepressible as irresponsible. You can see how that would confuse me.