Optimal amount of weapon blocks?

Reaction score
    Been wondering something lately, in regards to weapons.

What is the optimal/maximum/preffered amount of system blocks to have a good AMC/Missile Array?

For example, when I salvage, I like to have at least 60 salvage laser blocks per salvage laser in use.

For weapons I usually do about 100 for cannons and 50 for missiles (or less, if I'm going for a barrage/volley-type weapons array), but I'm thinking that they're awefully weak now.

Anyways, even if you don't know the optimal amount, what is your prefered amount?

And this applies to various ship sizes as well. From fighters to frigates, to capital ships.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I don\'t really know of any optimal amount of blocks for AMC cannons salvage lasers etc as far as I know more Blocks that make up an AMC cannon equals more damage higher ROF and longer range and more power usage but using smaller AMC cannons in groups gives better damage per sec than one big super cannon

Reaction score
    using smaller AMC cannons in groups gives better damage per sec than one big super cannon

That is very good to know, thank you! Currently building a capitol ship, and wanted to add cannons all over it to make it look like the shots are coming from turrets/cannons all over the ship.

Now, does this mean that you\'ll break through shields faster (because all damage goes to the same place) or would a group of cannons be better and dealing more damage over a surface area (like going through a hull)?

Would a single super cannon be better at shield piercing or is the \"more-smaller cannons\" still better?

Reaction score
    They have terrible accuracy when moving at high speeds due to their low speed.
    On my capital ship I use a lot of large AMC groups.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The one big cannon I think would be better at going through a hull but when fighting your are going to have to mostly deal with shields so you would want all the DPS you can get now that dosent mean use single block cannons your going to have to experiment a little with getting number of blocks per cannon and the number of cannons right to get good DPS

Reaction score
    Naturally, on a larger ship one would use a lot of larger cannons.

Of course the terms big and small will have different meanings with capital ships than they would on a frigate, or even a fighter.

A \"Large\" cannon on a fighter might be 20 blocks, whereas a large cannon on a capital ship could be well over 1000 blocks.

Reaction score
    Of course. On a capital ship I could see using ten cannons with 100 blocks, rather than a 1000+ block cannon.

Reaction score
    I think I\'ve already got some ideas to rework the weapons on a few of my ships.

More ideas and preferences would still be nice though!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    there are two spesifications that you want to work on when making AMCs. DPS per block and powerdrain per DPS. also you have to consider when you have 100+ cannons each firing over 10 times a second youwill quickly reach max projectile count (they still exist they just dont showup)

for max DPS per block while keeping a good DPS per power may i sugest a 120 block array with power alocated 54%,8%,30%,8% this has 22.5DPS per block while keeping 0.35DPS per power use it sufers slightly in range and speed but it still can go as far as a 40 block cannon so its range isnt bad