Off switch for factory components

Reaction score
    As the title says, what I want is to have the ability to turn off factory components and disable their energy requirements when not in use. As they are currently factory inputs (and connected expander) are active 100% of the time. They are active when the station is under fire and they are active when the factory is not in use.
    In other words a "Press "x" to power down selected factory"

The reason why I want this feature is because I built a station with 1 million recharge and I have a large factory array for connecting factories for manufacture, and a few other power consumption systems. When the station is under fire all the power is consumed by the factory array.
    I do not want to dismantle it because it took me some time to build it, if there was a way to power down the individual factories and conserve the power then that would be a small boon in my opinion.

Reaction score
    Agreed.
    By the way, if you want more recharge, try making some docked powersupply reactors with repeating logic.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Agreed.
    By the way, if you want more recharge, try making some docked powersupply reactors with repeating logic.
    Just be careful if this gets fixed. People used to do it with power drain on the mothership, and it got fixed. It's only a matter of time before it happens with power supply from docks.

Reaction score
    Just be careful if this gets fixed. People used to do it with power drain on the mothership, and it got fixed. It's only a matter of time before it happens with power supply from docks.
    Systems are changing all the time, so this probably goes with everything else too. Thank goodness for those new build tools.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    how about docked factories?
    at least you would have a separate soft cap then.

What would you think about adding power drain / active stage into logic system and also adding power-level blocks?
    Power level blocks would activate on certain percentages. (>80% >60%, >40% > 20% etc)

Or maybe it would be good to have mother-ship and all docked count to the same power re-gen soft cap & have no/lower power consumption &| a lot more effectiveness on power drain/supply to docked / if targeting a core / supply->reactor | drain->docking port

That would at least give a possibility to have separate power systems and activating supply/drain beams if you need power on this dock.

Reaction score
    how about docked factories?
    at least you would have a separate soft cap then.

What would you think about adding power drain / active stage into logic system and also adding power-level blocks?
    Power level blocks would activate on certain percentages. (>80% >60%, >40% > 20% etc)

Or maybe it would be good to have mother-ship and all docked count to the same power re-gen soft cap & have no/lower power consumption &| a lot more effectiveness on power drain/supply to docked / if targeting a core / supply->reactor | drain->docking port

That would at least give a possibility to have separate power systems and activating supply/drain beams if you need power on this dock.
    The problem with that is that you can't dock a station, and you can't put factories on ships. Though I'm of the mind that it should be allowed. If your system can handle being close to planets you could build the factory on one face, and turrets on the surrounding faces. downside there is you have to power and shield the faces individually.

Reaction score
    It would be cool if they could be disabled via logic blocks. Press r on an activation block, and shutdown factories.

Actually, that'd be great.

Reaction score
    This is definitely something that is needed.
    In the meantime though, with the new shift+v feature, you can join and unjoin whole groups of enhancers to a factory module. Factory enhancers do not take power if they are not connected, so as a temporary workaround, you could unjoin the enhancers when you need to shut down a factory to lessen the draw.