Of Batterys, Power Generators and Charging Stations

Should this System be implemented ?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    Hey champs,

A few facts first:

-Turrets & docked ships get their shields loaded and guns fireable with energy from the main Ship
    -these turrets and ships don't need an own power supply to do so

This means the following suggestion is allready partwise implemented.

1st Stage
    My idea is to make docked units & the Main System charge one another. Ships could "Recharge" on something simmilar to a Gas Station .

2nd Stage
    If the way the numbers for gens & tanks work on large ships would be altered down there would finaly be a sense of building machinery rooms with giant docked generators and power tanks to support the ship. In the fight itself destroying these facilities would prove fatal as they represent the ships life support. The difference is that a docked Power Tank or Generator is much harder to hide and more fragile to missile explosion radius.

To make this work you could e.g. increase the power output by the % of homogeneity of Powerblocks in comparision to the rest.

e.g.

1 Powerblock has an output of 100units/s

rough formula: (Power blocks/Total Block)*Power blocks*100

---> 10 power blocks 90 other blocks ---> 111,1units/s -> (10/90)*10*100=111
    ---> 50 power blocks 50 other blocks ---> 2500units/s -> (50/100)*50*100=2500
    ---> 90 power blocks 10 other blocks ---> 8100units/s -> (90/100)*90*100=8100

In my opinion a system like this would drastically change the way people build their ships to a more "realistic" way. They would start thinking about the "Interior".

Considering that a large ship usually consists of lets say 10-20% power generators this idea would have a large impact. due to the weight a small generator unit would produce more energy than a direct ship system 50times its size.

Last edited:

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    ...You can already do what you're describing. If you own a server, just set the configs however you like to change the numbers. Even without changing the numbers, it's possible to do this or something similar. Just get creative with power transfer/siphon beams and logic.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Having ships actually charge each other when docked would be nice. You could make suicide drones without enough recharge to keep mass down, and it would eliminate the lag from having a bunch of beams and logic to make internal power work.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    This would make the overpoweredness of docked generators even easier to exploit.

No support.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I'm sure that docked reactors don't work anymore..
    You have to use power supply beams from the docked reactors now, instead of power drain beams from the main ship. I think there might be some other step, but I don't remember. I've never used docked reactors because I feel like they are cheaty.