[OES] Over Engineered Solutions

Reaction score
    Over Engineered Solutions

[TODO: description]
    For now only shipping containers is ready

Shipping containers
    Cargo-Stack.png
    Yes... this is just another shipping container system...
    Height and width of container is base on popular sizing of 9x9, but length is different from other conventional systems, a docking is completely based on "USD Type I" adapters. Docking adapter orientation is chosen so, they will alight with display modules for same sides. Length of container is multiple of 9 (9, 18, 27), this is done in order to allow container alignment in stacked situations. Dockers spaced out in a way to allow that

OES 9 - V2: OES Cargo 9x9x9
    icon.png
    • Size 9x9x9
    • Cargo: 21k
    • Mass: 32.7
    • Thrust: 44.8
    • Power: 2456.8
    OES 18 - V2: OES Cargo 18x9x9
    icon.png

• Size: 18x9x9
    • Cargo: 51k
    • Mass: 66.9
    • Thrust: 109.6
    • Power: 2456.8
    OES 27 - V2: OES Cargo 27x9x9
    Icon.png

• Size: 27x9x9
    • Cargo: 82k
    • Mass: 101.5
    • Thrust: 168.9
    • Power: 3762

All shipping containers equipped with:
    • Power generation, enough for self propelling
    • Minimal propulsion system
    • Transporter module
    • Single button undocking
    • Display modules for naming
    Transporter:
    In case of several containers docked to vessel, container transported can be used to access individual one. Container is equipped with single transporter module named "Cargo"

"Undock":
    Logic is used in order to ease undocking, as in StarMade it is not very clear what docking adapter is used. In this container, single inner ship remote will undock it.

"Naming display":
    To distinguish one container from another, they are can be named through means of entering it name in central display module and pressing button on top. That action will populate entered text in all display modules situated near docking ports.

Central display and control:
    display-control.png

Display near one of docking ports:
    display-view.png

Reactions: Scypio and JinM
    Reaction score
    I like the idea to make complex cargo systems that can carry like 3 small container or 1 large, and have a flexible way to build cargo space on your ship. With this system any cargo space dimension can be one meter times the length of the smallest container. When I build a ship with this system, I allready know how to lay out the docking bay for cargo pods, but can also flexibly decide about the space this cargo hangar will have. And thus I am not bound to a dimension that is a denominator of one standarised cargo container (that often a little big too big or too small for any purpose =) ).