NPC Cities on Planets

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Just a quick suggestion for the future to make planets more exciting and more of a challenge.

Just like we already have Pirate owned and defended spacestations which offer a unique challenge for people especially in single player, planets offer a very similar and maybe even more suitable area for NPC's to build/spawn with defenses and structures.

One question I have had while playing is where do pirates and traders come from, since is there are no cities or anything just shops and spacestations in random areas? Also the NPC's don't need to be hositle they could have a small shop with better deals on certain items (like ice crystals on an ice planet or wood on a green planet). I could suggest may other ideas that would, in my opinion be very reasonable and effective in producing a better gameplay experience and better immersion. Rather, I'll let you think of the possibilities of NPC settlements on planets.

Cheers

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Lovely idea. Especially if taken a step further. Just imagine semi-intelligent races/factions, maintaing home bases at planets or asteroids, mining asteroids and trading amongst each other, building basic ships from templates and capable of alliances, neutrality an hostility. Perhaps not as in tactical warfare, but an eagerness to shoot at ships they consider enemies should they happen to run in to them.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I just think that the addition of NPC\'s that are basically native to a planet (possibly with species specific qualities) would add a massive dimension to the game and make it that much better.