(Not sure where to post) Looking for a server

Reaction score
    I need help finding a server, currently the one I play on is fun but lacks a stable up-time, 75% of the day it's offline. This is what I'm looking for essentially:

Difficulty -
    I want it actually difficult, not "Hey you can get 286293465293875298765 cash for voting for us and buy everything you ever need ever!". Pirates, custom not necessary but still encouraged. Difficulty making cash, I want rich to be considered having a few million, where you have to actually survive in space building your own stuff, not buying a ship that you downloaded from some website because you can mine entire planets after playing on the server less than a day. I hate that, there's no creativity, no skill and no point.

Friendly -
    Active players and high quantity would be nice, but it's difficult to get that in any star-made server atm so I'm not that worried about it right now, hopefully in the future one will grow.

No handouts -
    As I said before, donating and voting for obscene amounts of cash are a no-go, I hate it and it has no purpose other than to have a contest to see who can download the cooler ship online. I will vote for a server but I want to vote because it's a genuinely fun server not be bribed for it...

No infinite shops -
    Allow me to clarify what I mean by this, I don't mind if it has infinite of resources, just not infinite credits to work with or really really cheap items, if a shop has infinite of each item but the items were actually a decent price I wouldn't mind. I want players to be encouraged to trade with one another for what they scavenge and hunt for because shop prices are actually there. I can be more flexible on this though.

All in all only the First and Third are absolutely mandatory, a difficult server that isn't pay-to-win is all I ask for, real survival but shops still included UNLESS they start you off with enough to actually fight a pirate if you have the skill to so you can survive. I saw a "no shops" server start you with default and got gunned down by pirates in 2 seconds. I want difficult, not impossible lol.

If anyone can direct me to one of these servers I will be eternally grateful :D

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Infinite havoc doesnt do handouts, we have trialed vote rewards (and they really do work), but haven't had them in awhile, Admins dont give anyone anything. shops and prices are entirely default, meaning nothing is infinite, and nothing is cheap as shit. Starting credits is 2 million. This is enough to let you defend yourself should you find trouble.

sm.infinitehavoc.co.uk:57921
    I hope to see you soon :)

Reactions: Agame3
    Reaction score
    Infinite havoc doesnt do handouts, we have trialed vote rewards (and they really do work), but haven't had them in awhile, Admins dont give anyone anything. shops and prices are entirely default, meaning nothing is infinite, and nothing is cheap as shit. Starting credits is 2 million. This is enough to let you defend yourself should you find trouble.

sm.infinitehavoc.co.uk:57921
    I hope to see you soon :)
    Still too easy, I played on it and the spawn is littered with massive ships, most of which I just broke down and then left anywho but one player made a turret near spawn, a gargantuan one and it just snipes people so no thanks ^^

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Try Tethys galaxy. It's a roleplay server with heavily regulated catalog, friendly and active players, good admins, and a good amount of difficulty. Try it out

Reaction score
    Tried out all of these, none of them quite meet the standard, all of them contain people with over a billion dollars, this means SOMETHING is flawed to the point of game-breaking, if any one player hits a billion dollars on a server that hasn't been open that long then it's FLAWED, there is SOMETHING causing people to make obscene amounts of cash in a tiny span of time. Millions should be considered rich, the server I played on I'm the richest person at 2 million cash and I spent a lot of time earning that cash! That's how it should be! I have so many blocks through harvesting/mining/buying/selling but I still don't have cash to just purchase a ship, every ship is hand crafted to perfection by MYSELF, nobody else

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    oh i remember you froggeh. Just as an fyi: I made my max java credits (on GenXNova) over the course of 'natural' play. ;)

I have yet to find any server i can't roll the credit bar over in less than 5 hours.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Are you talking about Tethys? (It's called Ragnorak now, by the way, but I don't think the servers thread has updated) Because it is pretty hard to make money there and the last reset was several months ago or so

Reaction score
    oh i remember you froggeh. Just as an fyi: I made my max java credits (on GenXNova) over the course of 'natural' play. ;)

I have yet to find any server i can't roll the credit bar over in less than 5 hours.
    I made a lot of credits on that server over the span of little time as well, easily several million in little to no time at all. I'm trying to duplicate the server I already play on that only has a 25% uptime, The shops only have 100k credits to work with at a time so even though I have all the blocks it forces me to build, not buy. That's what I'm interested in

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    It's not the servers, it's the default game economy itself that has the problem

2mil being hard how be how it should be?
    So 7000 block ships should be hard?

The "java limit" is 2.147 billion credits, why make 1/1000 of that be hard?

I agree with the economies being flawed, but 2mil being very hard is also flawed.

Reaction score
    It's not the servers, it's the default game economy itself that has the problem

2mil being hard how be how it should be?
    So 7000 block ships should be hard?

The "java limit" is 2.147 billion credits, why make 1/1000 of that be hard?

I agree with the economies being flawed, but 2mil being very hard is also flawed.
    No, it's not... Because credits only exists for 2 reasons, buying ships and buying space stations. I have tens of thousands of blocks on the server and BARELY reached 2 million credits, because shops don't let you just have infinite cash. Screw it, Screw infinite cash, force people to show what they can BUILD not buy :\... I don't care if you supposedly built it yourself in single player, I don't believe it. Build it on the server you're playing on with the resources you're given and the resources you've earned through play. 110,000 cash per shop generated. That's it. Credits itself is flawed. With 110,000 credits in each shop I can trade my blocks out for other blocks without getting uber rich or anything like that.

That's what I'm looking for in a server, please don't tell me 2 mil is flawed if you don't understand why I say I want that. 2 million can buy 2 space stations (You only need one), but it can't buy me colossal ships that I downloaded or made in essentially creative mode with unlimited cash.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    your looking for a hardcore server. there's a few, NASS hardcore is the only one i know of though.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    No, it's not... Because credits only exists for 2 reasons, buying ships and buying space stations. I have tens of thousands of blocks on the server and BARELY reached 2 million credits, because shops don't let you just have infinite cash. Screw it, Screw infinite cash, force people to show what they can BUILD not buy :\... I don't care if you supposedly built it yourself in single player, I don't believe it. Build it on the server you're playing on with the resources you're given and the resources you've earned through play. 110,000 cash per shop generated. That's it. Credits itself is flawed. With 110,000 credits in each shop I can trade my blocks out for other blocks without getting uber rich or anything like that.

That's what I'm looking for in a server, please don't tell me 2 mil is flawed if you don't understand why I say I want that. 2 million can buy 2 space stations (You only need one), but it can't buy me colossal ships that I downloaded or made in essentially creative mode with unlimited cash.
    "Force people to show what they can BUILD not buy" and why should we have to build to play the game? Not everyone has good building skills, this would become a building game and not a 90% sandbox game like it is right now, and that would mean more deathcubes because people with low building skills can't use stuff other people make, and i'm sure most people want a sandbox game and not a resource collecting and tiny stuff building game.

"I don't care if you supposedly built it yourself in single player, i don't believe it."
    Built what? I guess you mean the 7000 blocks ship.

Right now on the server i play i could easily build that because it doesn't have the actually stupidly low 100k cred per shop "option" which is 100 times less than the default, and if you actually searched for more than 20 shops, you could get another 2mil in a few mintues, good luck finding a server with even-more-flawed shops with only 10k credits, which would mean only fighters and corvettes would be possible on that server.

Think 10mil per shop is flawed? There were servers with 1bil per shop, now that is flawed.

Many servers have 10mil default, but it's something else(probably other players that earned the money the hard way, exploring lots of sectors) that fills up the shops near spawn with money, i'm sure the servers you visited weren't reset at the faction block cost decrease from 100k to 2k per block, and the old factories were able to mass-produce those blocks and that's why at least 1 person has 1bil, and considering the server you play on has 25% uptime, i don't think that it has more than 5 players and huge outdated mass producing factories, oh and 1mil ore blocks that could easily be made into the millions.

Don't want to use "collosal" ships? It's as simple as simply not using them, many in-the-future fun ship roles such as carriers would probably be almost impossible to make if shops had only 100k creds.

If you check some public ships on the community content, you will see how many awesome looking ships there are, and pretty much removing the catalog system would make those ships rare, and as i said earlier, ugly death cubes more common.

Plus, the game is still an alpha, i'm sure hardcore game options will be implemented later in the development process.

Reaction score
    "Force people to show what they can BUILD not buy" and why should we have to build to play the game? Not everyone has good building skills, this would become a building game and not a 90% sandbox game like it is right now, and that would mean more deathcubes because people with low building skills can't use stuff other people make, and i'm sure most people want a sandbox game and not a resource collecting and tiny stuff building game.

"I don't care if you supposedly built it yourself in single player, i don't believe it."
    Built what? I guess you mean the 7000 blocks ship.

Right now on the server i play i could easily build that because it doesn't have the actually stupidly low 100k cred per shop "option" which is 100 times less than the default, and if you actually searched for more than 20 shops, you could get another 2mil in a few mintues, good luck finding a server with even-more-flawed shops with only 10k credits, which would mean only fighters and corvettes would be possible on that server.

Think 10mil per shop is flawed? There were servers with 1bil per shop, now that is flawed.

Many servers have 10mil default, but it's something else(probably other players that earned the money the hard way, exploring lots of sectors) that fills up the shops near spawn with money, i'm sure the servers you visited weren't reset at the faction block cost decrease from 100k to 2k per block, and the old factories were able to mass-produce those blocks and that's why at least 1 person has 1bil, and considering the server you play on has 25% uptime, i don't think that it has more than 5 players and huge outdated mass producing factories, oh and 1mil ore blocks that could easily be made into the millions.

Don't want to use "collosal" ships? It's as simple as simply not using them, many in-the-future fun ship roles such as carriers would probably be almost impossible to make if shops had only 100k creds.

If you check some public ships on the community content, you will see how many awesome looking ships there are, and pretty much removing the catalog system would make those ships rare, and as i said earlier, ugly death cubes more common.

Plus, the game is still an alpha, i'm sure hardcore game options will be implemented later in the development process.
    First off let me say this, I don't give a rats ass what you care or think about, I didn't start a "Help me find a server ideal for Unnamed25", everything you're telling me is your opinion. Corvettes and fighters are NOT the only thing possible, obviously you've never used anything other than the "point and click" building method, I have plenty of blocks it just makes the game feel realistic to me when I have to spend more than 30 seconds building a ship and certainly FAR more enjoyable than buying one. And for your information I have a group of friends building a carrier with me as we speak, putting long hours of WORK into my efforts as opposed to just, again, purchasing it. Everything on the server I wish would be more active is EARNED and feels EARNED, not a quick "I stole a bunch of purchased ships and sold them so I can buy my own". I actually accomplished something.

Don't go ranting your ideas of what a sandbox game is, it's a sandbox, I'm asking for a server that is similar to my ideals, not demanding all servers switch to my ideals. Fuck off with your nonsense and go start your own topic, don't post here again because you're off MY topic that I started this for

Reactions: DrTarDIS

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    If you guys really wanna talk about what earning a ship is, go to a planet, lock yourself down there and mine for your ship parts. That takes effort.

Reactions: Unnamed25