Nose Art and Custom Decor Blocks

Reaction score
    Nose Art

So my suggestion is to add a way to put nose art on small ships via some sort of customizable block that allows players to essentially "paint" their own nose art. I was thinking that this might be a neat way for people to make their ships a bit more personal when playing on a server so that if three people are flying the same ship they could each have their own distinct nose art. For those who might not know what nose art is, it's an image painted onto the front (or nose) of a plane. Most images you will find of nose art on planes will be on bomber planes from WWII. There are two ways that I think this could be implemented (keep in mind I have no programing experience and don't know exactly how difficult this could be but I'm assuming it could be rather complicated).

Example of nose art.

1. Use of a customizable block of each basic hull colour that if you click "R" on while outside of your ship you will open up a pallet and interface to customize said block (kind of like paint)
    2. Have a template interface and have 10 empty templates for example that you can stick onto any non-interface block (ship core, weapons computer etc...)

Custom Blocks

So I dont think that my custom blocks idea varies too much from the nose art idea too much but I think it could work nicely to be able to customize two different weapons computers so that you can tell that one fires the main cannon on the ship and the other fires the secondary machine guns (yes I know it has no practical purpose I just think it would look nice). Also there are only four different blocks assigned as "decor blocks". Again I have two ideas as to how this could work.

1. Have one placable "decor block" and upon placing it be able to select a texture from let's just say 10 different textures to have it look like.
    2. Have a Block that upon clicking "Z" in build mode will open up an interface that you can create a texture for it, save said texure to some sort of local cache to be able to upload to any other placed decor blocks that you edit in the future.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Per-pixel painting would make this possible without changing any blocks.