No Longer In Faction After Crash

Reaction score
    Hey Everyone,
    I'm new to Starmade and the forms here, and I'm starting to learn my way around the game. I had just created my own faction and was the only member, when the game crashed unexpectedly. When I re opened the game and spawned in, I began receiving error messages when attempting to modify my home base planet. Everything was as it was before the crash, except I was no longer part of my own faction. Additionally, the crash reset my credits to the default 50,000 and I lost everything in my inventory. Everything else though, remained unchanged. I cannot seem to reclaim my membership; yet, I also cannot find the faction module. It's as if the game started me as a brand new player yet I still have the same name and sector--without any of the abilities to use my own stuff. So confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    if this is single player just make a new faction it
    ll over write the number of the old one and bam. you're back in

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    that is odd. My first thought was maybe your name changed but you confirmed it did not. I'm going to assume your in single player if that is not correct please let me know.

What I would do if I were you is use the command:
    /faction_delete 10001

This should remove the faction you made, and you will be able to re create it. You will then have to re faction all your stuff. I am not sure what to say about your lost inventory items. You could use admin commands to spawn them in. You can also use the /give_credits command to get your money back.

For all the admin commands and how to use them check out this link:
    Console Commands - StarMade Wiki

It sounds to me like something got corrupted when the crash happened. I don't have the skill to determine what may have caused the crash but there are others on the forums that may be able to help in that regard.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    When playing single player you generally want to /force_save before logging off just encase. Otherwise data between the last autosave and when you log off could go missing. The same thing can happen with a crash. If the crash was in the middle of an autosave then the data in the middle of being written could be lost including the player and faction files.

In the starmade folder on your computer there is a sub folder somewhere called server-database. In that folder is folders for each world you have made in single player. The world name is the same as the folder. You can copy and rename the folders to another name to create a backup copy of the world your playing with. I wouldn't overwrite the last backup either just encase. Keep a few and delete the older ones when you have to.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Known bug, there have been multiple postings about it lately. Hopefully they'll figure it out by next update.