No E/S Softcap on Stations

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I would like to suggest that the power regen softcap not occur on stations.

Reactions: Aizria
    Reaction score
    Agreed. Though we probably need an energy rework in the long run, since it essentially caps the size of your ship. PVP ships probably don't even use big guns, just self-powered turrets.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I partially agree. I am instead in favor of having a softcap on stations, but have it be much less harsh than that of ships, and to start really going downhill at maybe, say, 2 million regen, compared to the 1 million on ships.

We have to remember that while having stations be more powerful is a useful feature, they need power restrictions of their own to prevent everyone from making their homebases a literal 1-second superweapon deathtrap for any capital ship.

Besides, player space stations throughout Starmades history have always already been extremely powerful.

The_Bad_Guys old base on NASS last summer used ridiculously powerful turrets of their own and there was literally nothing that could survive more than 10 seconds within their bases' airspace.
    The Vaygr and DFN bases as well have been even moreso strong, and while I have rarely ever seen them myself in-game, I know from a good guess that they are extremely powerful, even moreso than any titan zorozeenee has built.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    2 million? 3 million?

I think each million above 1 (for ships) adds 1 player to the strength of a threatening attacking force.

But we also have to think about the balance of very slow anti-stationary weapons.