nick nacks and decorative blocks

Aze

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I personally find that the ships are too bland and tastless, so I was thinking "Hey , would'nt it be nice if we had decorative blocks to make our ship more of a representation of our personality?" This thought I am sure may not be very "new" but I have my reasons.

How It Would Work

How it would work would have to be a way to save time, make it so that the few developers can work on more important things like bugs and glitches, and maybe other new features, so before we get to how it works, lets all look at what a Nick Nack block would be...

--How its Made:

A nick nack block would be a factory recipe output, made by depending on what exactly the devs go with on how to implement the Nick Nack, my thoughts would be like a cutter that cuts 1 regular block to ten smaller blocks which can go on one another, and make the apearence of objects like chairs, little statues and figures. or other things like signs, jokes on walls, or those big letterings on the side of the ship that says its name, I would love this in my opinion, however, they can also do other methods like pre-implementing the objects as they are.

--Whats their function?

To add social flavor to any ship, and make the ship look as though someone is actually living in it, or calling it his/her home.

--What use do they have out side this?

None that do stuff like improve your mining output, or war machine efficincy, or stuff like that:

but they do come in use for say, marking areas and naming places, like if you want to make a ship, and post it online for download, the downloader could have more ease in finding stuff as he knows what ship part he is in, because the engineering bay has a sign saying, engineering bay, made of the smaller blocks.

Or you have just claimed a planet for your faction as a base, and want to mark what building goes where for your team mates, so when they come to the planet as well, you can go on your way and do what ever, or get started on one building, while they work on the others.

--Can I use these blocks toexploit or greif others in most ways?

Nope, not only can they be destroyed easy, but weapons pass right through them, and so do players, well, most of them anyways. so no cheaters!

This can also lead to more than just decorative seperates, but also to modify the appearence of current blocks like shield generators, or cores, or other stuff, how you you may ask? Why by using the blocks as a form of modifier to edit the appearence in ways like adding guilding to the core, or keeping it suspended by some steel rods on the faces, or making it look like the core on star trek by adding small blocks to the exterior. the possibilities are almost endless.

"Why would I car" you may be saying to yourself?

Well just think of every time you have used the current blocks to always get a seemingly bland visual, and wish there were more personallity in the build, because if there is no personallity in the build, it is not complete, or at least that is what I say.

Thank you if you have read this far, and make sure to feed that giant flesh eating plant in that shop movie.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This sounds for me like the Microblocks of the Redpower Mod for Minecraft.

I think it would slow the game down a bit. In my opinion furniture which is blocksized but with a different 3D-Model would be a better solution to create a nice flair on space ships.