Newest version eats all my freaking RAM trying to render ANYTHING

NullForceOmega

The Ancient
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Okay, I just updated to the .014 release, tried entering SP with default graphics settings, within seconds the game chugs to 0 fps and using all available memory. I spent half an hour adjusting EVERY single graphics and memory option and I cannot run the damn game anymore, within seconds of pre-spawn in game chunk loading the whole thing grinds to a stop. I have NEVER had memory issues with StarMade before, I was running the old version at 20000 segments drawn max everything (except bloom, it runs but 12-15 fps is unacceptable) and Kupu's 256 realistic texture pack. Once again I have adjusted EVERY SINGLE GRAPHICS OPTION and cannot get the damn thing to run.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Increase ram allocation. When you open the launcher, click options > memory. Or something along those lines

NullForceOmega

The Ancient
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I already tried tweaking launcher values, the program hit 1024 megs in seconds trying to render just my modified space station, and java just flatly refuses to use more than that on my system, I have no idea what exactly is causing this hideous memory overflow, but it seems that I can\'t DO anything about it, I even tried moving to the other side of the system with /move_to but it still crashed.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    http://star-made.org/comment/99384#comment-99384

Its a new format or something for blocks (too lazy to re make whole post)

NullForceOmega

The Ancient
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Okay, that\'s helpful Tao, but I don\'t see how I can wait for the entities to convert when java hangs and fails to process anything. By any chance would changing the process priority to high or real-time help with this?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Increase more Ram if you can, and try not to move while stuff converts, so long as the game doesnt crash, go cook a meal and eat it peaceful as the loaded sectors convert (note, you have to load the sector before it will start converting, if there is too much, try /change_sector and get away, then slowly reapproach)