New weapon combinations need and activation timer

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    I've been playing around with the new weapons and combinations in the prebuild and I have to say they are quite wonderful. All praise to the great schema!

They allow for specialized weapon systems and ships. Scatter shot damage beams? Flack cannons? Yes please!

The big problem is that even though they allow for role specific ships, you can switch between the combination at will. Negating any kind of ship roll. In a matter of seconds you can use EMP effects to blow out shields and then right away switch that same weapon group to a piercing effect and drill someone's core. That's not very fun or fair for the person on the receiving end of that.

Now we should of course be able to freely and on the fly switch weapon groups and effects, but I think there needs to be an activation timer before the group becomes usable after it is assigned to your hot bar.

It would be great if this was an option in the server config file that admins can adjust. <Weapons group active after x seconds >

I vaguely remember this concept being talked about long ago when the weapons were announced, but had not seen anything recently. So I apologize if it has been addressed already.

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah, there's an exploit where if you add and remove one block from a weapon group, it effectively negates the horribly long reload time of the group (i.e. missiles) Having an activation timer any time a block is attached (dependent on the size of the group) would be a way to prevent this exploit. By the time your weapons are up, so are their shields, and then you have to switch back.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    No but different weapons take up a lot of space. If i hold two different weapons in both arms i can shoot them, but I'll run slower.