should this be added to starmade as a new features?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • yes but with some changes

• yes with a lot of changes

• no

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    I got this crazy idea when watching star wars episode3 when the big battle over corusant and I saw that some of the ships were on fire and I saw some ships putting out fires and I had the idea of haveing temperature for ships so Ie if your ships temperature is to hot computers can over heat and not work and armour can be be melting and that will lower there armour rating and the fire could spread if not cooled down like if a ship has over drive it can heat up the ship and make it start fires and you could make 2 new effect computers one for heating and one for cooling if your ship it too cold your turrets can be slowed down by the ice and system will slow down like power regen or shields and that could open a new way to RP like you could make a firefighter and if you have any suggestions for this tell me I would like to hear your optionsships that put out fires on capital ships or be an evil incendiary pirate and another thing that the fire can do is kill astronauts or you can freeze them and use them as traps and there there effects on a ship will give you a certain percent of resistance to the respective temperaturesit would be a vary interesting add on to the game that could change the meta for PvP or protecting large ships

Olxinos

French fry. Caution: very salty!
    Reaction score
    Achievement unlocked: "literally point-less".
    Seriously, you should make shorter sentences, this would be easier to read.

Anyway, heat management sounds interesting from a "roleplay" perspective, but this isn't enough to create a whole new mechanic. It needs to serve the gameplay and have a purpose like rewarding players for clever block placement (i.e. current energy reactor layouts) or preventing some otherwise unbalanced builds/behaviours to dominate the game (i.e. softcap of the energy generation).
    Honestly I can't tell which purpose heat management would serve from your suggestion :/

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Please go back to gradeschool and learn how to not make run on sentences.

As for the idea? A heat system is probably planned, but yours sounds incredibly unlikely.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'd just like my ships to not get blown to shit getting too close to a star(by the way dev's it's a dick move to spawn stations in the kill zone of a star!):(

Reaction score
    Yes what we really need is more and more complicated systems that make shipbuilding even more impossible to learn for new players.

If you want heat systems play ksp

Reaction score
    Heat is almost meaningless in space. You have an infinite supply of liquid at just 3 degrees Kelvin as in incredibly, almost absolute 0, cold, simply by running hot liquid (That has already absorbed the heat produced by various processes on your ship) through a heat-conducting pipe on the dark side of your spacecraft. The liquid rapidly cools to match the surrounding temperature. Air conditioning just became irrelevant. Well, except for the dehumidifier. Definitely want that on a spaceship filled with, and dependent on, sensitive electronics.

Cooling's not always super fast in space, because there's a minimum of molecule-molecule contact in vacuum, but it gets cold. Real cold.