New ships to fight

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm new to star made, so forgive my cluelessness. I was wondering if saving a ship to a catalog (which i resently found out you could do) would make it so you encountered them in space. Say i saved a ship i made, would pirates soon show up with that ship as well? Thank you ^^

Reaction score
    You just need to go into the data and click it to \"use\" for pirates (I personally do not know the actual steps but have come across the same question/answer before).

Reaction score
    That behavior is usually set by default. If you save anything in single-player, it will appear as a pirate too.

If you look in your server.cfg file in the starmade folder, there\'s a setting to turn this off.

If you want to turn on/off pirate spawns for a specific blueprint, just go to the Catalog tab, and there go to the Admin tab. Then select your blueprint, and click on \"permissions\", you will see the checkbox there.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    As the others have said, it is possible, but be wary, as you never know how many pirates will form a fleet, so if you have a good ship that they can use, you may be the engineer of your own demise. Before I knew about this feature I built a large(ish) ship. Not very good looking, but with lots of fire power and shields, plus 3 hardened hull layers. After not seeing a single pirate for quite some time, I suddenly came across a fleet of 12 pirates in my ship. I only just managed to flee in my now mangled ship haha.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i love big ship so i made one and when i went out on a fun outing showing my brother the game i found 10 ship like my and got f............. and well i hated it now on my singleplaye i have to whach my back all the time