New Server

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'm just a player there, but there's a new server popping up called Galactic Arc. Sectors are 5.3km from center, top speed with overdrive is 900m/s, with standard settings for jump drives and (I believe) warp gates. currently there are only two main factions that are active on the server: Vanguard of Light, my faction, and Universal Trading LLC, my friend's faction. Both of us sell reasonably prices items and are working on our prospective main components for our factions; Arth's station (with a tram!) and my capital ship. My faction is open to new members, but what this post is mainly about is the server!

Aside from having pretty much the highest travel speed with overdrive of any public server, Galactic Arc also has an owner who is actively invested in the server, currently working on automatic restarts, and also doing something rare indeed: He actually listens to community feedback; it started out with 20 build size, and 2 km sectors, as well as 300 speed. Sema (not his full name cos I can't remember it all xD), the owner, was asked if sector sizes and build size, as well as top speed, could be boosted. And they were. Sectors are now 5km, top speed without overdrive is 600, and the build mode size is 50. Oh, and here's something pretty rare... Sema also allows people to go to another galaxy if they so wish (not advisable unless you're going there to amass a large amount of resources with which to build a large fleet of warships to do battle with, as the trade network will have orders in the millions for the base cost)

there's also a forum which is listed on the welcome message. Currently there are no real warships on the server, but eventually, once the server grows enough, there will be PVP, and even maybe an instigated war which would bring all the factions on the server in, forcing them to take a side in the battles :P

We hope to see you... In the Galactic Arc!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Not sure what the time zone is, but the server is located in Montreal. Also I haven't tried to upload any blueprints from single player yet :P but as soon as I attempt it, I'll let you know here.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Mining bonuses are stock standard, just like most other servers now, and faction points are also default settings.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    the server went down a few days ago and hasn't come back up apparently... And the most surefire way to make sure that the owner gets messages? You can't sign up with either steam or email, the two options you're given; you don't get a confirmation email for your account.