"New" player resources/spreadsheet

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Heya, I've been thinking of making mostly for my own use (but probably easy to share, thinking google drive) some sort of crafting cheatsheet for common modules and in reverse for ores/crystals what can you make out of them listing. Something to quickly check when you're out there in asteroid belt or contemplating wether you're going to eat the planet or not. Either as a checklist for what you need or what you can get from what you just found :)

Basically just some stuff on the lines of "cannon barrel: standard factory, hylat 50+crystal 100" and similar lines for most common things. In reverse mode, "hylat: blue&brown s.armor, cannon, ion"

Any ideas if there's one already online? Google didn't reveal any but maybe I didn't search with the right words...

Reactions: Lidren
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Well, since nobody said anything I made this little thing. Making it made me actually understand that the ores are really color coded... :) mostly anyway. It's not comprehensive (a lot of stuff is not included in the products lists) but I think it gets the main elements. Basically it should cover most of the things you need to repeatedly mass-produce although I guess some of them are so-and-so. Use or don't, I won't mind.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1di9YalIpn3ACw9dlRaFU7Lc1z8N_Sh2H_HGdxz4fHuA/edit?usp=sharing

Work in progress I suppose, since I haven't actually had time to play since starting this thread...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I'm pretty fond of http://www.starmadecrafting.com/ myself. Maybe a "new player view" could be added lol, but mostly I search for things to make with leftover capsules to be sold later, when I have a ton of one item early on.
    Hm, that looks pretty nice to use when searching for something spesific, since it's all on the same page. Ctrl+f would work real nice without all the page hopping at wiki.

I made a sorting station / starter noobstation of my own, saw one sorting system in community content and frankly it looked way too neat for me. So I made a better different kind. Went and made it into something you plop down as soon as you get the cash to put together a station and then go on to gather more stuff before actually building stuff... really easy to modify as the sorting system is built a bit off (middle and up) and let's be honest, nothing in there is so pretty and awesome you feel bad removing it to make room for your own designs once you feel like building your base.

I initially tried to make it so you can build it from any ore and shards around, but unfortunately none of the lights or display blocks are available that way... but manager said it's worth is about 100k credits and it's mostly very common, easy to make blocks at very reasonable amounts, it should not be an issue.

http://starmadedock.net/content/kaamios-sorting-station-with-walls-and-stuff.2861/

edit: in case you're not familiar with .sment files, just download the file somewhere you can find it, open starmade launcher and in the connection setup screen (aka the second launcher window) go to tools -> open ship catalog manager, then select import. Export makes .sment files out of your blueprints, obviously :)

Last edited:
    Reactions: QuantumAnomaly
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Does the sorting finally stick in blueprints now? last time i built a storage sorting system, I tried to BP it and it didnt save the sorting that i so painfully rigged together when spawned it in. Additionally, if it works in BPs, does it work in copy/paste now too? Because that's where the real win is, if you can save it and just paste it to every salvage ship you make!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I did download one station that had sorting saved, so yes. Didn't actually test my own by spawning it, and now I'm at work and stressing about it :D

Copy paste would be handy if it worked, but I haven't tested it. Then again making the pull everything chain with a few boxes is pretty easy too.