new heat seeking missiles break my game

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I am using the new heat seeking missiles with explosive effect and is attached to the orange cyrstal there are 9 missile blocks and they have 80,000 missile blocks all together, the slave is 78,000 blocks and the effect is 80,000 when I launched a volley at an already destroyed ship, it just kept circling the ship and broke all the other weapons and crashed my game. I am using a 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5 processor with250.14 GB of storage and 8GB of RAM, I am using 13-inch retina display with an Intel Iris graphics card. Plz fix this bug, it is incredibly annoying.
    blurb

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Are you able to reproduce the "bug"?

If not, it might just be coincidence that you crashed.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    sorry for not getting back to you, i have been busy. In answer to your question yes it is reoccurring. It happens a lot.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    It sounds like quite a lot for your memory. A nearly full scatter slave with quite insane proportions.

Could it just simply be a memory issue?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    When the game crashes, is it giving you an error message? If so, please post it. And, whether or not it does, please also post your error log from one of the crashes related to this issue, either as a pastebin link or in a spoiler. This information would help us help you better. :)

Further, on the note of a memory issue, as Zeno proposed and as this sounds like it may be, what amount of RAM do you have allotted to StarMade? Because if you only have, for example, 512 MB assigned to StarMade, it will only ever use 512 MB at most...making your other 7.5 GB of RAM completely irrelevant as far as the game is concerned.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    it shouldn't be my memory, it's a brand new computer so I have tonnes of storage left and quite a lot of memory.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    it shouldn't be my memory, it's a brand new computer so I have tonnes of storage left and quite a lot of memory.
    Please take the time to read my post carefully. After all, I took the time to write it for your benefit. :) I have taken the liberty of highlighting the parts that I believe are most essential below, in the case that you can't be bothered to read it all and just want the gist of what I said. ^.=.^

When the game crashes, is it giving you an error message? If so, please post it. And, whether or not it does, please also post your error log from one of the crashes related to this issue, either as a pastebin link or in a spoiler. This information would help us help you better. :)

Further, on the note of a memory issue, as Zeno proposed and as this sounds like it may be, what amount of RAM do you have allotted to StarMade? Because if you only have, for example, 512 MB assigned to StarMade, it will only ever use 512 MB at most...making your other 7.5 GB of RAM completely irrelevant as far as the game is concerned.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    Please take the time to read my post carefully. After all, I took the time to write it for your benefit. :) I have taken the liberty of highlighting the parts that I believe are most essential below, in the case that you can't be bothered to read it all and just want the gist of what I said. ^.=.^
    sorry if you misunderstood, i was replying to zeno9141's post:
    It sounds like quite a lot for your memory. A nearly full scatter slave with quite insane proportions.

Could it just simply be a memory issue?

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    sorry if you misunderstood, i was replying to zeno9141's post:
    What Dragon meant, is that you might have a lot of RAM on your computer, but you might only have (usually by default) very little RAM allotted to starmade.

(On a side note, when I use a 50000 block cannon slaved to a 50000 block beam, stuff gets quite laggy already, even when I have about 5 gigs allotted)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    hey there got a similiar issue,
    but i gave java in the starmade launcher 1024,1024,512 setting.
    When i want to increase it like 2048,2048,1024 the game wont start without an error.

Ive got 6Gb of Memory but can only use 1Gb, thats too less

Windows7 64bit
    6Gb RAM
    Java8

Should i install both Java versions 32bit and 64bit? pls help