New Game Beginning

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was playing StarMade and thought it was too easy to start a ship, so I was thinking the player should start on a random planet with nothing (similar to Minecraft) and have to gain resources to make their first ship core, power units, and thrusters. After that is achieved, then the player will be able to buy items from the shops in space.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Considering it\'s already very ahrd to craft anything, I\'m not convinced that would be a good idea.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Maybe for a mod, but the default game shouldn\'t make you have to go from cave man to space man to access where the focus of the game is.

Reaction score
    With work, and perhaps a way to make specific blocks without the use of factories, this could be implemented as a separate game-mode. However, crafting spaceship parts would not be a good idea, rather the player has to work his way up the technology tree, in order to build pactorys, and get into space. A civilisation like gamemode, with a similar premise, except players would have to research different technologies to make associated blocks would also be very fun.