New Cubatom System

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well...I have a recipe that converts 4 Rock to 7 Purple Hardened Hull currently. So every 5 seconds or so, I\'m producing 14 hardened hull, with no clicking involved. Using cubatoms, I would have to find which 2 cubatoms combine to make hardened hull, find something that breaks down into those 2 cubatoms or some combination that does, mine those blocks, and THEN click repeatedly to break it down into cubatoms, and then possibly have to refine them to the cubatoms needed, and then finally, fabricate the hardened hull.

What the cubatom system is likely going to be useful for, is making something that\'s not readily available that you need a handful of. Like...a cockpit. Or a core. Or perhaps a weapons computer. Faction block, Undeathinator, etc. Something you need a few of, not a thousand.

I would rather have a recipe to get a factory to produce something, than have to shuffle through the cubatom system to do it manually. But I guess it\'s still nice that it\'s an option.

For some things, I\'m starting to wonder what the plan is for the future. All the manufacturing materials (processor, memory, expander, paints, proteins) are left as relics of the old system. They\'re in limited supply, only available from shops. They show up in recipes, but there\'s no way to produce them other than the cubatom system. But why would I go through the trouble of making a processor to feed into a factory as a component, when I could just make whatever the factory is making with the cubatom system?

mou

Reaction score
    I found this option really easy and intuitive to use even if I was scared at the first look,

Reaction score
    It seems some don\'t know this yet, but if you use cubatom near a shop you can right click the split button, to split 255 of them at the time. No need for frantic clicking.

Reaction score
    I quite like the cubatom system. While it goes slower than the factory system when you have a good recipe, in most cases it goes faster. At the start its hard to understand but there are already a few good tutorials on youtube for it. In my opinion, it is more of a way to get materials easily when starting to play and to get materials for recipes

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It seems some don\'t know this yet, but if you use cubatom near a shop you can right click the split button, to split 255 of them at the time. No need for frantic clicking.

So sad that right click don\'t works with refining...