New crafting system? [Molecular/Atomic crafting]

Reaction score
    I was thinking of alternatives to improving the current crafting system and i thought ways that would most suit Starmade and it's era.. and i came up with a system called "Molecular/Atomic crafting" ...

SUMMARY

It is a separate/assemble type of crafting where blocks/items are separated into the molecules that they're composed of.. which can then be assembled into other blocks/items depending on the molecules gained.. you can also go one step further and separate these molecules down to their separate atoms and form other molecules using the same atoms or more, allowing to make different molecules needed for different recipes :D

Example: 1 block(a?) => 9 molecule_capsule(MetalA) + 6 molecule_capsule(SolidB)...
    1 block(b?) => 18 molecule_capsule(MetalG) + 2 molecule_capsuleC(LiquidE)

16 molecule_capsule(MetalA)+ 43 molecule_capsule(MetalG) = 1 block(wiremesh)

(I'll make a more detailed diagram later.. but for now this is how the recipes will generally be.. sorry if it's a little confusing :/ )

This involves 4 new blocks (Which could possibly replace the current ones..)

SEPARATION

MS factory (Molecular separation): This separates any block/item into the molecules it's composed of.. which can either be used to construct other blocks/items that use the molecules that you get from the items you separate, or broken down further using the "AS factory" to form different molecules that may be used for other items/blocks.. (This progress has a 10-50% loss rate per block/item separation) These molecules are stored in "Molecule capsules".. Some blocks/items contain only 1 or 2 molecule types, while others could contain a large array of these.. However.. as it's only coming from 1 block/item the more types of molecule types you get, the less amount of each you will produce..

AS factory (Atomic separation): This separates any "molecule capsules" Further into the atoms it's composed of, due the some atoms being able to merge with others of the same element they cannot be stored, so AS factories must be directly connected to the AA factory for immediate assembly.. (This progress has a further 20-70% loss rate per molecule capsule separation)

ASSEMBLY

MA factory (Molecular assembly): This factory is used to assemble molecule capsules to construct items and blocks, for example 1 "wire mesh" would require the molecules of certain metals.. the MA factory would then use capsules of this particular metal (Separated from certain metal composed blocks (like ores) or items) and construct them to make wire meshes.. the amount it creates depends on the amount of capsules you have to make them.. Some blocks require more than 1 type of molecule to craft..

AA factory (Atomic assembly): This factory creates molecules from the atoms fed in by the connected AS factory.. The type of molecules able to be crafted depends on the atoms separated by the AS factory.. with this you are able to craft molecules used by other recipes than the modules you had to begin with ;) This enables a lot of freedom in what you can craft with the limited resources you may have..

ADDITIONAL NOTES

- This system may be flexible but there are a few parts that make this system more encouraging for exploration.. For example: The harder to make recipes (for a particular block/item) require rare molecules which have rare elements (Atoms) that can only be separated from this rarely found block/plant/item.. thus encouraging players to explore the vast universe in search for these :D

- The reason there is a loss rate on the separators is so that players need to gather more than what might be needed for a particular block/item, it also allows servers to set a loss rate for each "separation factory" in the config to allow for the players to either: need to gather more supplies to construct blocks.. or gather less supplies so that there is more resources for everyone (particularly for busy servers..) ;)

- Most recipes will be mapped out so it isnt entirely necessary to use the AA or AS factory to craft specific blocks.. these 2 atomic factories are mainly as a luxury to transform/combine some molecules into other ones to make it easier on players :)

- Any additions? or some parts of my suggestion need tweaking? feel free to comment below explaining ;) If you support this idea make sure you leave an "agree" or "like" :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
    Not the cubatom again! Just no! No! No! No! No!
    I hate, and I mean really hate, that crafting system. SO PLEASE DO NOT EVEN THINK OF ADDING THIS TO THIS GAME AGAIN!
    It failed in every aspect, and thr new one is much better.

And I know you weren't aware of the old cubatoms, but it was way too complex and extremely overpowered. The new one is much, much better. Trust me on that.

Important: me hating like that seriously has nothing to do with people. I just really, really didn't like the old system.