Read by Schine New Build Mode Option: Hide Background Objects

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Ever have one of those days when you're just trying to design a ship in your shiny new shipyard, but there's so much stuff in the background for your base that you can't get any frame rate to speak of? If so, then this is for you!

In advanced build mode, you'll find an option labeled "Hide Background Objects." When checked, your computer will not render anything but the design you're working on. It hides the shipyard, the station, and anything else nearby saving precious graphics resources for the task at hand.

Originally I had thought of making this specific to shipyards, but honestly there's no reason to limit it that way. This option would make the game a lot more enjoyable for people with outmoded computers.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I was so excited, I ran over to Advanced Build mode to use this new feature that I had missed all these pasts months :)
    Unfortunately this feature hasn't been added YET

Yes please

Reaction score
    I think this is a great idea. IT would most certainly be a nice addition.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Smashing idea mate. I was going to suggest a "creative" sector, with nothing in it, so I wouldn't have to build in deep space, away from planets and other crap but, i like your idea better.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Good idea, but you might want to be able to see the shipyard blocks so you don't build past them.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Good idea, but you might want to be able to see the shipyard blocks so you don't build past them.
    You could replace that with a bonding box like the old docking boxes. That would minimize graphics resource usage and be easier to implement than picking specific blocks out of a structure to render.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Would it still render things docked to the thing you're building on?