New Blocks R&D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I have been thinking that there could be a lot of things added that could really enhance faction wars and encourage team play.

One such item is the subspace communications block. This block would allow all faction ships within range to share tactical data. For example, say a player in your faction is five sectors away tracking a player who has entered your factions space. As long as your friend keeps the other player in radar range you will be able to see him on the galaxy map.

Another idea is a weapons plotting computer. What this computer would allow you to do is fire at things outside of visual range. How it would work is you would pull up something like the galaxy map. Different icons would indicate what you were targeting. You would then select what you want to shoot at and how far and at what angle you want to lead the target.
    And if you have a friend with eyes on target they can tell you if you need to adjust your fire, and what sort if effect you are having on target.

something else that would be fun is a weapon that fires a tracker. This tracker would allow you to track a ship for a set amount of time after the ship has left visual and radar range.

I believe that a radar block that would increase default radar range, should be added.

It would also be nice to have a block that factions can attach to warp gates that would hide them from view on the galaxy map.

Last edited:
    Reactions: AtraUnam

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    I like all of these ideas (maybe with some tweaks) except for the last one.