New alliance chat function

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Now, I know many of you have been following the developments of the DFN/Vaygr war. We learned a lot from it, and have perfected many aspects of fleet control, logistics, and organization. However, I, among others, noticed a breakdown in communication directly before the battle, and during the lagfest of it.

-EDIT- The recent updates have eliminated, for the most part, said lag.

What happened was this- Multiple factions, with anywhere from 2-18 players each, were involved, but we didn't want to give away our secrets and plans to the other side. So, we began a long, drawn out train of PMs during and before the battle. This could've been avoided if there was a chat option that allowed you to communicate with, not just your own members, but other factions you have signed an alliance with. The command could be something like /a, following the example of the /f command, perhaps? Please leave ideas and comments below.

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Many of us don\'t own mics, so it would make sense. Also, it\'d be pretty easy to implement this, vs. a TS server. A line or two of code, at most.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    You can chat with multiple people here, on this very website. If you open up a chat with someone, (doesn\'t work with public chat rooms) and look down at the bottom, next to the trash can and smiley face, there\'s a picture of a head, kinda like the default profile pic, with a plus sign. You can use that to inveite others to chat with you.

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    And using the website is hardly as convenient as just using a simple chat addition.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I support. Its simply logical