NERF PIRATES

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok i just the last five hours playing and being spawn killed by pirates, there were 8 damn ships all right outside my spawn the second i started and now i cant do anything. AT LEAST allow us to regenerate the universe so I can actually play the game.

Reaction score
    Correct folder In the starmade client, I think it is info-database, or something similar. That should reset your world. Also, make stronger ships so you don\'t die.

:3

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Under Tools --> Reset Universe

Since the update that made AI nearly 100% accurate I can see it being a challenge for new players starting out with no resources or knowledge of the game. When I first started kicking the crap out of a pack of Isanths-VI\'s was a walk in the park now if I\'m just cruising around in a fighter I won\'t even attempt it.

You might want to explore the settings of the game to start with more money or use admin commands to get more money or more blocks. Also you can download some ships so those Isanths are no longer a problem or buy an Isanth yourself and beef it up, add some turrets more shields.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Just try to stay away from them, and, if you don\'t want to delete your ships, just go find the command to delete all AI ships

Reaction score
    Oh Elitism at it\'s finest. Angus, how is he supposed to learn when there are 8 Isanths spawncamping him? Pirates don\'t need a buff they need to scale with the player. They should be super easy when the player just starts and is learning how to fly cores, and tougher when the player has a 300m battleship with more turrets than lights.

I was in the same situation as Kalgorath and I nearly quit the game. Quick bit of advice Kalgorath, click \'i\' to open your inventory, click on the catalog tab, then click on the \'Admin\' tab in the window. Then Click on \'Isanth-VI\' click on the blue \'Permissions\' button and uncheck the \'Enemy\' box. Pirates won\'t spawn because they don\'t have any ships to spawn with. This will give you some time to figure out how to build a decent ship and explore the universe without getting mobbed by a fleet.

Just try to stay away from them, and, if you don\'t want to delete your ships, just go find the command to delete all AI ships

I went searching for such a command not long ago and found nothing. Would someone care to provide it if it exists?

Reaction score
    /destroy_entity

This will destroy any selected entity. Any entity. Press f to select then type the command.

/stop_ship_ai

This will make the selected ai stop working. Same process as the command before.

Reaction score
    Stop one: get core.
    Step two: add 2 powerblocks, and engines.
    Step three: run.
    Step four: laugh at the stupid pirates that will never catch you.

Alternitively, use commands.

Pirates need a buff.

Reaction score
    Steps to Buff Pirates:

1. Build the deadliest ship you can think of.

2. Save blueprint.

3. Set blueprint to be \"enemy usable\".

4. Find pirates.

5. Die.

6. Die again.

7. Die yet again.

8. Etc.

Reaction score
    That would buff pirate *ships* not pirates themselves.

Boarding, more stations, better stratergies, etc, is what pirates need.

Reaction score
    Ah, I see. You are talking about an increase in the pirate content. Not simply an increase in the difficulty and threat they represent. I too would like to see an increase in the content of the universe in general. I believe this is planned, so all we really need to do is be patient.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    This lastest version vastly increased the range at which pirates will acquire targets, which invariably leads to pirates in sectors adjacent to the spawn sector moving into it to attack players that are freshly spawned. It\'s an unintended consequence of normally healthy changes, but it\'s one of the top offenders for bad gameplay in the current version.

Reaction score
    AI also appears to be 100% accurate which I\'m sure is just an oversight. In any case that would also contribute to pirate difficulty.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Cut their accuracy by 10% and they\'re fine. I\'m not interested in getting core drilled by bots while moving.
    They can and will destroy single core blocks within the first few shots if you\'re not changing directions for every single AMC round fired.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    You can always shoot the shop with your laser pistol to summon the trade federation. They\'ll kill you once, but then they\'ll attack the pirates and kill all or most of them off. They\'ll be neutral to you again after your first death, so as long as you don\'t shoot them again, they\'ll just kind of float around and defend against further pirate attacks.