Nerf Pirates

Reaction score
    Turrets on my ship don\'t even do anything. The AI is on and all, but I can\'t see them firing. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Alright, so I was playing today (first time with the new update) and came across a small city on a planet. Cool, right? So I went to check it out, and got the standard message that pirates are attacking the planet, yada, yada, yada. So I hopped in my decently sized ship and took off. My turrets were firing back at the one pirate ship that showed up. I fired some missiles at it, and before they even hit the core overheated. Needless to say there wasn\'t much of the ship left after the missiles...

So, two things to take away: My turrets seem to only fire when the target is at a certain angle. Facing right at the enemy seems to stop the turrets from firing (I may have to play with turret configurations to fix this). And, for some reason, when I have the wherewithal to defend myself I only get attacked by one or two ships. Weird...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I agree that the pirate ships are a little bit strong when you start out, Iv had to restart my world 3 times now because pirate ships would chase me over 20 sectors... 20 SECTORS! I digress.

I think they should remain this way because it adds challange to the game, but reduce the rate at which they follow you, You keep a constant speed of 49 maybe 48 and its nearly impossible to outrun. Reduce their speed to 45 or 43 and they are still a threat but they can eventually be outrun, Its silly that they chase me 20 sectors before I eventually Gave up and died.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I don\'t think the Isanths need nerfing, for they are pitiful targets for the larger capital ships that everyone around here seems to have. Instead, why not include different pirate ships that have varying levels of strength? New players with tiny ships could take out, say, a pirate-owned cargo ship derpin around in space. The Isanths could be fights for a different day.

Reaction score
    Like mix in some really, really bad ships so there aren\'t so many Isanths? Sounds fair. I remember when I first started playing and got perpetually chased by about half a dozen Isanths. Had lots of guns (I thought) but didn\'t know about shields, so I died as a result.

Anyway, more newbie-level starter ships would add a bit more variation to the very early game. To everyone complaining that Isanths are already too weak, remember that you can download new ships if you want more of a challenge.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    The, you could add a super boss... think the ender dragon(minecraft final boss)... except much more powerful.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    How about levels?

Your starting sector: Only a weapon computer, 2 AMCs, one Energy and 2 Thrusers.

Next 1-2 sectors: Enemies have 1 shield and 3-4 AMCs.

Next 7-8 sektors: You should have a decent ship by now. The spawn shop\'s sektor is now unprotected (you need at least 5 kills to go that far, or get a warning in the first two sektors before the protection is gone after entering the third of this \"level\".

Reaction score
    Maybe the ships could have a chance to have random blocks missing from them. For example, a 70% chance to have 1% of the ship\'s blocks missing. If you want some reasoning behind it: They are pirates, so generally speaking they didn\'t BUY those ships, they probably stole them. Therefore, damage.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    That will add to varity

But they should not miss very important parts, like the lone middle of a power-strip, the weapon cpu or the core!