Nerf factories

Reaction score
    I dont know if anyone has noticed, but from one single peice of LV5 ore, you get 1x1016 LV1 ores. That doesent seem ridiculous to anyone? Considering i have 516 LV5 ores (of one type), if i coarsed(coarsed isn't a word) that i would get... *math mode activated* 5.16e+18 LV1 ores...

Seriously, please nerf the factories.

PS: Calculators are fun!

Reaction score
    All balance stuff will come when the major part of the features are implemented. Balance now it\'s a waste of developing time because when you add a new feature, you may break your previous balance changes.

I think I\'t done to ease the players to get materials to test as much as possible.

Reaction score
    The OP is not very specific as to what you want balanced. All you provide is an example of how much ore can be made assuming you have 516 L5 ore. A more realistic situation would be having multiple L3 ore or an L4 ore.That can be obtained by the average mining trip as opposed to constant pirate raids :|.

Anyway, Each coarsing recipe produces 10,000 of the next level down. A single L2 ore costs 100 and produces 100,000 in L1 ores. That is the real problem. Right now, I think this exists because Schema wants us to get money, and then put the game to the test with bigger and buggier ships. I think this, because it is such a huge difference that it would only exist if it had a purpose.

Do factories need to be nerfed? Yes. Should they be nerfed right now? No.

Please also fix your spelling errors. It is not that hard to turn on SCAYT on.

Reaction score
    Right now, I think this exists because Schema wants us to get money, and then put the game to the test with bigger and buggier ships.

That excuse is infuriatingly old , trying to pass game-breaking bugs as intentional design. If stress-testing oversized ships were the priority goal , players would start with more than just 25k credits and a few blocks to build tiny ships with.

Each aspect of the game that is left broken prevents competitive PvP servers from doing any meaningful playtesting , which means no progress on game balance would be possible for a while. And there\'s a lot of broken elements , many of which cannot be modded out.

Reaction score
    This balance bug has been around for quite a few updates. all it would require is a few changes in the numerical values of factory outputs. Yes the excuse is infuriatingly old, but it is valid as the game is in alpha and not anywhere near a full release. they entire point right now is play-testing. Sure we can have competitive servers and portions of the game, but that will come later. I also stated that the bug should be addressed and fixed, but not during the alpha as more features are likely to come out that could provide a reason as to why we can make a block worth 1,000 times more than its sell value. So I say wait for Schema to go into Beta and then begin with the balances and new features.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    As the others have said the answer, I feel it worthwhile to say an incredibly awkward analogy... No sense fixing the gearbox if the car itself is made of molten slag, plastic, bits of cow skin that haven\'t been tanned or treated in any way except with a knife upon a cow, and a load of copper. Sure, most of that can become a car, and is technically a car if rearranged right, but it isn\'t a working car to the point where the gearbox fix is actually necessary just yet. Fixing the gearbox now might help in the short term, but in the long term, it might be that the engine itself has a different structure to how that callibrated gearbox is oriented towards, so it\'s best to play it safe, get the car built, and then fix the gearbox issues so it fits the engine.

And now that I have confused everybody, pineapple.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    the game balance is not a pressing issue right now as it\'s still technically in testing. the major issues are: lag, bugs, polishing star-system-to-star-system travel, making the game run smoothly at all levels. then comes balancing. that\'s what beta and full release-patches are for.
    i\'ve found it more often than not impossible for me to save new entries in singleplayer mode even with just a tiny ship that can be docked into an unenhanced dock. and saving in local catalog still corrupts the blueprint. THIS is a much more pressing matter than the # of credits you get for coarsing L2-3 ores and selling them.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That doesent seem ridiculous to anyone? Considering i have 516 LV5 ores (of one type), if i coarsed(coarsed isn\'t a word) that i would get... *math mode activated* 5.16e+18 LV1 ores...

Yes, I find it ridiculous you were able to easily find 516 LV5 ores (of one type). Nerf drop rates!

Reaction score
    another way that they are over powered is because the recipes are random and they level. Even if none of the recipes i get require minerals (which is desireable because it ensures an endless supply), they will require some other grouping of the same sort of stuff, and because of that you can make factories that feed themselves in a loop and each recipe multiplies the output more and more as they level.

For instance, I get several recipes that need sand. Then i get a sand recipe that needs rock, and a rock recipe that needs sand. Level those two up a couple times with enhancers and im basically making something from nothing with endless supply.

Reaction score
    Is that certain parts may be added based around how under or over powered certain other parts are.

So by the end Schema is going to have quite a head ache and will pretty much have to rebuild all stats from scratch.

What i reccomend is to balance everything now and just make everything cost 0 in the shop so people can still test everything.

This way Scheme can balance everything while re-enforcing that this is the early testing phase that is alpha.