Neatgear WNCE 2001 / Cannot make dedicated server

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This help request is in the hardware category since I think my internet setup is not letting me make my server.

My computer is hooked up to a D-link DIR-615 and his source is my WNCE2001 which takes the wireless internet signal of a Bell router.

I made my port forwarded with my D-link but the server connection still don't work.

Thank you for the help

ImperialDonut

Overlord of the North Pole
    Reaction score
    If so, that would mean that you opened one of the probably three forewalls blocking your server from functioning.

You can try to directly connect to all three of them in turn with a LAN cable and check if they all have seperate firewalls. If they do, then portforward all three of them, or if that doesnt work turning off two of the three (preferrably the two closest to your PC to not put other more directly connected PC\'s at risk).

Hope this helps, good luck.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ll surely give it a try, and the Netgear WNCE2001 is not really a router. It\'s a Receiver for Wi-fi internet and convert it into cable internet. I had ideas that the other router needs to be also open but I wanted to see if I could get more insight on the issue, thanks!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Making a second opening in the port of the second router fixed it.