NASSvote IV

Advanced build mode limits can be set. So, where to?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    So we've got 10km for the sector sizes and 200mps for the speed.
    Now to figure out how big a chunk you can take out of an entity in Build mode. I like 16x16x16 because that's the size of 1 chunk. I like 32^3 more because that's 4 (or 8 actually, thanks sturm) chunks. The bigger or smaller the multiplier for Build mode the more expensive Build Blocks are gonna be to curtail Build Block harvesting. (Seriously, salvage beams do a way better job than they used to. Use those.)

This is the price layout I'm thinking of using but not final. Contributions to this idea would be welcome.
    10^3 - 1/2 regular price
    16^3 - 3/4 regular price
    20^3 - regular price
    32^3 - take a wild guess

Last edited:

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    lol no. 2*2*2 junks are 8 :D

You can't restrict planet harvesting with BB cost as a 1 million credits BB will only need to be paid once for infinite planets. If you don't lose it to PvP (very unlikely with a cloak+jam ship and just a few plex storages.

Reaction score
    lol no. 2*2*2 junks are 8 :D

You can't restrict planet harvesting with BB cost as a 1 million credits BB will only need to be paid once for infinite planets. If you don't lose it to PvP (very unlikely with a cloak+jam ship and just a few plex storages.
    I always thought that BB mining should not give rare or expensive blocks IE minerals.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    32x32x32?
    are you trying to kill the server?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Unless block handling changed in the most recent version, 32^3 is a bad idea. That's a potential 262,144 blocks removed/added with one click. I've noticed when you go much above default 10^3 it causes strange issues in the game, and that was in single player. People spamming this on a server would probably be even worse. At a certain number of a mass block change, the inventory doesn't exactly keep up. You might see all the blocks removed or added, but you can see your inventory number slowly moving and it takes quite a while for it to catch up. It'll do that in a decent sized salvager as well. Often the blocks won't even be added correctly if you're using symmetry.

Is that silly cubatom system still lurking in the background of the game? If you're going for expensive build blocks you better make sure people can't make them. Cubatoms kill any attempt at a decent economy.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Cubatoms kill any attempt at a decent economy.
    I feel wounded that my cash making tool for early game is under threat. Best solution for this is to render cubatoms completely useless. ie that all blocks give the same cubatom twice upon being split thus on a server you will only ever be able to get 1 type of cubatom. Thus can never produce any other types apart from that single type of cubatom produced. If I recall this can probably be edited in block config or something like that.

I'm not going to say its an ideal solution, but the only other is that you give build blocks the rarest possible selection of attributes to get from two cubatoms. (This will be hell to figure out I imagine) and that still makes them possible to produce. Just requiring excess clicking.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    BDLS I categorically disagree. I used mirroring in a 25^3 format and all went fine. Cubatoms are not going to last much longer in their current form.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    BDLS I categorically disagree. I used mirroring in a 25^3 format and all went fine. Cubatoms are not going to last much longer in their current form.
    Welp, looks like 32^3 is gonna win the poll. Hope it works for 4242 without issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Final Tally!
    10km sectors won. (tho the poll ran longer than it should have)
    200mps speed won.
    And 32x32x32 is going to be our limit in build mode.
    Thank you all for your participation.

As a reward I grant all voters "a nice day"! Look for it in the post within 6-8 years. Or I'll just lower the requirement to build a jump point to 5 votes for the first month the new universe is active.