Naming Galaxies, Systems and Sectors

Reaction score
    first to claim should be able to name their conquest. Once named, only admins can remove it or change it.

Reactions: SkylordLuke

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Naming star systems is already planned and I believe partially implemented. Galaxies I am unsure of.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    IDK if players should be able to name galaxies (Though admins should absolutely be able to), however systems and sectors really do need to be renamable. I'm a bit tired of the Aethis system being called Euseminin or Nulgasquenin or Car or Elgemosalpha or Molconfrey or some other random thing.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Bumping this.

This'd be really, really nice for server lorecrafting, and for faction-owned systems.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I can care less for Galaxies, I never even considered thay had a name or required one. Naming sectors is simply beyond my understanding - you can name them whatever you like in your Navigation Registry, while sectors with stations by default are represented by the name of the said station.

But the ability for renaming Stars is the absolute must. Names that they are given at the moment are just ridiculous and inpractical - half of them arent build for human vocalization, while others are the same for hundreds of other stars. Renaming planets is also a good thing, although I'd personally would be just fine with them inheriting the name of the Star with a corresponding celestial order signatures (Prime, II, IV, etc.) based on their orbit. Starting with that, and then being able to give them a specific name for the cake of lore and better identity within and outside of a Faction will be the absolute best!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I do not believe that Galaxies should be named by the player, but a random name might be nice for atmosphere. For systems and sectors, this should be a thing, because it allows more for the RPers and allow for distinct markers for explorers.