Mysterious white dots...

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Ok so heres the deal. Once when I was building my ship; Flappy, I noticed that some random white dots appeared. They could be seen through any material even other ships. These dots seemed to indicate where the thrusters were. I don't know if this is some hidden feature for showing us where thrusters are to make it easier to disable ships, but its really cool! When I relogged after seeing this they were gone. I must have toggled them with some key. Heres all the screenshots I took of them. Click on them to look closely. Yes, I know I did use very few thrusters on Flappy because of the new thrust calculation thing. Heres the link to Flappy http://starmadedock.net/content/flappy.394/

Visible through other ships.

If this is a feature, I must say IT'S AWESOME. Being able to toggle the location of thrusters, power and power tanks in combat would change the way people thought when fighting!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    It's controlled by the numpad. I forget exactly what the controls are, but this was apparently added for testing purposes quite some time ago. I think numpad 1, 2 and 3 have something to do with it, as well as maybe six? Calbiri or Schema could tell you I think.

Reaction score
    It's controlled by the numpad. I forget exactly what the controls are, but this was apparently added for testing purposes quite some time ago. I think numpad 1, 2 and 3 have something to do with it, as well as maybe six? Calbiri or Schema could tell you I think.
    This. I must admit that I came onto the topic thinking I'd have to say "Stars"

Reactions: Winterhome
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I was actually hoping this would be about stars aswell XD

I had this show up aswell, i dont think it was highlighting systems though, pretty sure it was in the hull blocks. I was hoping i'd accidently discovered a built in circle generator o_O At the time this showed up i was only placing the red blocks.

Reactions: aceface
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    No no, it is certainly highlighting a group of systems. Any one grouping of systems by default, or there's a way to switch to all blocks of a type as well.

Reaction score
    very useful mechanic I will look into this for future builds. :D

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Numpad, it's to indicate where systems are located on your ship. It's a feature btw.

Reaction score
    There have been a few 'hidden' update that have made the game so convenient, but it seems the Lite Brite mode doesn't work.

Also I know you guys only uploaded this just to show of your ships...(kidding, they are nice though)