My mining experience with AI or not so much

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So I wanted to see something how the AI mining worked. So I build a small ship as a carrier and a small mining drone. Primarily I wanted to see if it was still focusing on a single block with all beams.

Well I never got to find that out. When I told it to mine the sector the mining ship took off to a point as if trying to find an approach point and turned into what appeared to be a spastic jitterbug. Considering the shape of my test ship it look like the Tardis having an epileptic fit.
    Finally when it did start moving toward the asteroid it would suddenly leap back to or near the position it started at at random distance and intervals. Sort of looking like poorly made looped gif.

In the dictionary next to broken if you could put a video clip this would be a great example.

Anyway anyone have an idea what is going on is it fixable without waiting for an update and wondering if I should be doing a video and filing a bug report.

Reaction score
    The fleet mining A.I. is still very much a work in progress, with that said I'm sure they are going to get this fixed as while not game breaking it is not working as intended.

Reaction score
    Mining drones with one emitter work best. Anything else, well, not so much.

If you want multiple emitters, perhaps a logic clock started by wireless logic that fires all the beams around the central beam (Which is controlled by the AI).