My intel graphics card.

Reaction score
    Edit: So downloading 64-bit Java did the trick! Thanks for the help.

It is the HD 4400. It has the absolute newest drivers. Could someone explain to me why this game, out of the 30 or so games I have tested and played extensively on this system, will not run? Why is this game so special, that it just refuses to start?

No need to go on about getting a new card and blah blah blah...so I will stop you right there. I play this game already on my gaming machine, but would also like to play on my ultrabook. I am absolutely certain that if the issue with Intel cards was worked out on your software, then it would play just fine. I highly doubt it is Intels fault that this game will not run, when other java games like minecraft, as well as other popular games like Bioshock infinite, Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, etc. run just fine.

One thing I'm wondering, is if theres a way to make the game think im using an Nvidia card. I have a fix for Fallout 3, as it also refused to start until I used a fix for the game to make it think i had an Nvidia card, and it then stopped being a bitch and started working. Can something like this be done on this game?

Reaction score
    That error message (JVM crash) can be shown for any number of reasons, the least common of which is having an ancient (before the i3 i5 i7 stuff) intel gpu. A few common ones are multiple versions of java and having both 32bit and 64bit java. Go to control panel, Add/Remove programs (aka Programs and Features) and look for java in the list. Another good one is when you allocate more than 1024mb of memory when using 32 bit java.

Edit: Changed 64 to 32

Reaction score
    Thanks for the response. I use just the 32-bit version of Java. Do you think I should uninstall and try to get the 64-bit version?