My Idea for a Docking System

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hey guys, I see a lot of posts around here for docking system ideas, so I decided to add my own. As we know the current docking system is... crap to say the least, so here's my idea.

Since the game already has an integrated weight system for ships, why not add a magnet system for docking. People would put out a grid of magnets, which would have to be relatively cheap. People would then add magnets to the ship, and would activate the ship magnets to "Stick" the ship to the station. Turn off the magnets to release. The heavier the ship, the more magnets required. Simple! Also add a small power consumption for the magnets. This would add the need for a power source on stations.

-Cheers!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I am not a fan of the current docking system, as your core must be vunrable to dock correcty. it needs work

Reaction score
    INCORRECT, SIR! My ships core floats mid air inside a deeply embedded core room somewhere in the front-centerish of the ship, it docks fine, with the bottom of the ship, (not the core), just floats one block above the docking unit.

tl;dr

Very good, simple, and extremely less complicated idea!

Reaction score
    And even then, you can land ANY ship onto the magnet, but the ship can still be bumped around. Thing of it like tieing a horse to a fence. The energy put into the magnet (strength of rope) must outweigh the strength of the ship moving (horse trying to break free).