my gun fabricator and skin

is this a good skin

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    i made a skin for the fabricator and gun and also a skin to match it the skin isnt done so plz dont tell me i did horrable on the skin ive tryed to make it good but i still need to do some work so youl have to download it to starmade-screenshot-0000.png starmade-screenshot-0001.png starmade-screenshot-0002.png starmade-screenshot-0003.png to upload the gun and fabricator you must go into your install then data then model then character and drop it there and for the skin go to your installs first page then server skins and place it there

Reactions: the guyver
    Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    It is a wonderful skin, don't sell yourself short. I think it has an interesting infected look, especially on the asymmetrical design of the helm. I'm not sure whether the light spot on the helm in the first two images was an intentional cracked-looking spot, or if it meant you were not yet finished with the emission for the skin (either way is cool, but it looks like the last image appears to be glowing, which provides some nice contrast between the green and black)

I find it interesting that you mentioned you made the skin to match the fabricator and gun. I find it easier to work with the main skin and then go onto the helm and any other additional pieces once the colors and design of the main skin is in place. I find I enjoy the main skin most, and that's why I usually start there. It doesn't matter where you start, as long as you like and enjoy it.

When or if you decide to provide the files for download, I would suggest making your instructions (especially for the gun and fabricator) very clear as there haven't been any gun or fabricator skins publicly released yet, so a step-by-step how-to might be helpful. Don't leave any details out, if the person needs to delete or rename any files, say so. There will always be people who make mistakes and won't know how to fix it, clear instructions can help prevent mistakes or answer questions.

Finally, again, nice work! It's nice to see someone new approaching skinning, and especially challenge of the fabricator and gun! Props to you! :D

Reaction score
    well its waiting approval so when its approved it will be on there

Reaction score
    and i upgraded the instructions for the gun and fabricator and skin

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    im going to work on a texture pack im working on that is pretty much the relistic just more corupted to kinda go with this skin ill do a post for that later

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Wait! You can change your skin's gun? How?

Reaction score
    In the games files . Search in Starmade>data>models>characters>And here are the files :)

Reaction score
    and also the reason its incomplete is because its not just going to be the one main skin and helemet its going to be 4 thats the infected commander thats in there and yes i know if you downloaded it you may notice that hes got a creeper face well thats the commanders face to me it just came to me

Reaction score
    update no pics though sry it just a couple new skins for the model so its just minor i will make more guns and fabricators soon