"Music"...

Reaction score
    The one thing that is truly missing in this game is music.

True fact: one of the few things that truly sell a game is the music, if ya don't believe me check out FTL.
    Also sitting in the middle of space looting an abandoned space station just listening to the sound of your engines can make you just a little stir crazy. So adding some sort of in-game music playing in the background would definitely fix that problem.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    And if they made it so you could put whatever music you wanted in, similar to textures, then we could get some awesome music-makers to make awesome music.

Reactions: z1967
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    putting music in a game is the hardest thing where could schema get those sounds ? don't think he has a big budget for it

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    People -can- play their own music. Most of us already do. Putting in game music in would just result in a lot of people muting it and playing their own anyways, most likely. Unless it was really, really great. :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    The thing about in-game music is it could respond to in-game events. Going for a pirate raid? Nice battle music. Pirate mothership spawning in? Music of dooooooom! Just building? Simple ambient music.

When you play from an external source, you will sometimes get things like a nice peaceful song... as you charge into combat.

Reactions: SgtFlexxx
    Reaction score
    tn44 i agree with you there but still having at least having some sort of music playing in the background is still better than the hum of your engines

Last edited by a moderator:

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    putting music in a game is the hardest thing where could schema get those sounds ? don't think he has a big budget for it
    There are a few members of the community who are decent with music production.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Crusade jack of all addons

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    People -can- play their own music. Most of us already do. Putting in game music in would just result in a lot of people muting it and playing their own anyways, most likely. Unless it was really, really great. :p
    This is why my suggestion would be nice, then we could just add any music you want. But then you may as well just play it externally....

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Yeah, playing it externally saves the effort required to code in a music player, and the download times it would add.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    My guess is that after few new updates and finally coming on Steam, there would be enough funds to hire good music producers.

Reaction score
    The thing about in-game music is it could respond to in-game events. Going for a pirate raid? Nice battle music. Pirate mothership spawning in? Music of dooooooom! Just building? Simple ambient music.

When you play from an external source, you will sometimes get things like a nice peaceful song... as you charge into combat.
    The combat should be more exciting first though, it would be very anticlimatic to have music raising the tension... only to core drill your opponent in a few seconds (if the guns even work)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    kupu you can make cool grapics could you to make music ^^?

Reaction score
    some independ guys are pretty good in a few things believe be try to look at crusade
    it is possible to be able to do several things, but just because someone can do paint/photoshop doesn't immediatly mean they can do sound (which, as far as i know, is harder).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    it is possible to be able to do several things, but just because someone can do paint/photoshop doesn't immediatly mean they can do sound (which, as far as i know, is harder).
    it isn't hard if you have the money but thats the problem of starmade getting music he should do an kickstarter or anything or a guy that says hey do you wand music here i give you some

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I know one guy who had submitted his music for use in Starmade, I'm not sure if there was any more discussion on it

I am working on music that I hope will be part of the Starmade experience some day.
    This is just some of what I have to offer. Many of the tracks are 3 to 10 min long. I have over 93 min completed to date and I am also working on some epic battle music with full orchestration combined with a hard modern edge. If you like this music let me know and feel free to offer up suggestions.