MUCH more With BEAMS!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I saw in a youtube video a player of starmade talking about a tractor beam. I thought this was a very good idea. We could have a tractor beam unit on a ship that could both pull objects toward the unit, or push objects away from the unit. Yes, i realise that the pulsator will push objects away from it, and that you culd set them up to throw a ship far away from the ship, but with a reverse tractor beam you could push an object into exactly the right spot that is desired.

While thinking about tractor beams, i realised that we have no beam type weapons. And according to so, so many sci-fi movies and games, there are Phazers and things like that. I think that this would be a very interesting concept for the game, allowing more variety of weapon systems.

With this idea in mind, so many different beams could be concieved. Radar Jammer deactivating beams, radar jamming beams themselves, ship system neutralizing beams, sheild deactivating beams, and so , so many more. Thank you for reading this post, and i hope you have some great ideas of your own.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    We already have power drain beams, but I like this idea. +1

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    With the difference that Tractor beams would be widely used, and power drain (and supply) beams are almost not used at all.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Power drain beam steals power, Tractor beams pulls stuff towards it :p

Reaction score
    Power drain beams ARE used...just not by one-man fighters. But a faction WITH them has this big advantage: they need just 1-2 ships with power drain attacking an enemy to make him unable to shoot and move...then it\'s nearely TOO easy for AMC-armed ships to take them out.

Tractor beams would just be used to pull you arround the whole galaxy to a faction base where you\'il be taken out by their stationary overpowered-turrets. Also it would be even easier to steal ships while you\'re offline. I don\'t want this so I can\'t support this idea.